Hi Btc-ga! Im a graphic artist thats why I chose to answer your
question. It's good to know that you are using version 5.0. While it
is true that outline fonts have a white center when printed and you
might nee a PS printer to get your desired result, there is another
way to make outline text with a transparent center without importing
it and using a PS printer. Actually, you almost got it but missed the
right option. Just follow these simple steps:
1) Select youre the chosen text as you did before then go to the
2) Choose Text to Box. A text box in the shape of your text will
instantly appear below your previously selected text. Let us
temporarily call this as T-text Box.
3) Select this new T-text Box and go to the Item menu that is found
next to the Style menu.
4) Choose the Modify option. A dialogue box will appear.
5) Go to the Box tab. You will find an option, also called Box,
set to White as the default color. Choose None and press Apply.
If your T-text Box is on a colored object or text you will notice the
white color of your T-text Box disappear.
6) In the same dialogue box, go to the Frame tab. You can change the
width, style, color, and shade of your T-text Box.
You now have the desired result that you want. However, there are
certain disadvantages that you have to accept regarding this.
1) You can resize it but you cant change the font because it is not a
font anymore. If you want to change fonts, you have to repeat the
2) Some letters may not look absolutely correct in appearance
especially with thicker line width. You can still manually adjust
these using the outline nodes of the T-text Box.
Please remember that a good graphic artist should be creative, not
only in concepts but also in techniques.
I hope this helps and thanks for visiting the site.