Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Doctors specializing in severe headache treatment ( Answered 5 out of 5 stars,   1 Comment )
Subject: Doctors specializing in severe headache treatment
Category: Health > Conditions and Diseases
Asked by: griz-ga
List Price: $5.00
Posted: 22 May 2003 11:23 PDT
Expires: 21 Jun 2003 11:23 PDT
Question ID: 207365
who are the 3 best doctors in seattle for treating severe headaches,
not with just aspirin, but by finding the source of the problem
creating the symptoms.
Subject: Re: Doctors specializing in severe headache treatment
Answered By: omnivorous-ga on 22 May 2003 14:59 PDT
Rated:5 out of 5 stars
Griz –

My spouse, an R.N. (who happens to work at Providence Everett Medical
Center near Seattle), once worked for the Diamond Headache Clinic, a
renowned specialist in Chicago.  She recommended contacting the
National Headache Foundation:
National Headache Foundation
Home Page

We did and their current (May, 2003) list of headache specialists in
Washington state lists four doctors, two north or Seattle and two just
south of the city:

Sarah Cheyette, M.D.
Family Neurology, Inc.
7631 – 212H St., #104A
Edmonds, WA 98026
(425) 776-3780
* Dr. Cheyette’s specialty lists both neurology and pediatric

Joseph Connolly, III, D.O.
The Everett Clinic
3901 Hoyt Avenue
Everett, WA  98201
(425) 339-5408

Patrick J. Hogan III, D.O.
2201 S. 19th Street, #200
Tacoma, WA  98405
(253) 383-1066

John S. Wendt, M.D.
34503 9th Avenue S., #230
Federal Way,  WA  98003
(253) 838-3103

As researcher mvguy-ga suggested, the University of Washington is
always an excellent suggestion, as it is the area’s leading teaching

Google search strategy:
Knowing that the Diamond Headache Clinic was a reputable leader in the
area, we entered it into Google.  Then we clicked the link marked
"similar pages" at the end of the Google summary to find the National
Headache Foundation and other resources on headaches.

You may find this article interesting, particularly as it contains a
wide range of links for information on headaches as a health issue:
Bridging the Gap
"A Newsletter for Pain Professionals" (Summer, 2001)

Best regards,

griz-ga rated this answer:5 out of 5 stars
thanks for the 4 names of doctors. I was unable to find this
information on my own.Appreciate the quick response.

Subject: Re: Doctors specializing in severe headache treatment
From: mvguy-ga on 22 May 2003 11:36 PDT
I don't have an answer for you, but I suggest you contact someone at
the Multidisciplinary Pain Center at the University of Washington.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy