Great questions! It seems as technology grows, so does the length of
time it takes to perform a simple task :-) Here is how to do it:
Q. How I can adjust the brightness on the screen?
- Right click the Power Panel icon in the system tray (looks like a
- Click on Edit/Create Profiles
- On the left side of the new screen, click on 'Maximum Battery Life'
- Then on the right side of your screen, click on 'LCD Brightness'
- You should see 9 levels of brightness. Level 9 is the brightest.
- You need to click on the Save icon. (Looks like a disk at top left
- Close the window after you save the changes made.
- You must restart the notebook in order for the changes to take
I took these instructions from the Sony site. You can access the VAIO
portion directly by clicking here:
Q. When being charged, the screen becomes brighter. Why?
When you plug in the charger, the Vaio is wall powered. The computer
'senses' this, and has an automatic feature that changes the
brightness. The reason why the brightness setting is so low without
wall power is to conserve your battery life. The presentation link
above tells use verbatim:
"The Powerpanel Application dims the LCD automatically to save battery
life depending on the power source...."
You will see that statement in scene #4 when you view the tutorial.
I hope this answers your question. Should you need clarification,
please ask before rating this answer as I would love to be of further
To assist with this answer I searched Google for:
Thanks for the great question!