Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Cat Allergy and Asthma treatment by London area consultant ( Answered 4 out of 5 stars,   2 Comments )
Subject: Cat Allergy and Asthma treatment by London area consultant
Category: Family and Home
Asked by: geecee-ga
List Price: $2.00
Posted: 07 Dec 2002 05:36 PST
Expires: 06 Jan 2003 05:36 PST
Question ID: 120804
List of Allergy and Asthma Immunologists in the London UK Area
Subject: Re: Cat Allergy and Asthma treatment by London area consultant
Answered By: jumpingjoe-ga on 10 Dec 2002 17:16 PST
Rated:4 out of 5 stars

Consultants in or near London dealing with the evaluation, diagnosis
and treatment of disorders involving the immune system, including
asthma and allergies:

Dr AS Bansal, who practices at:

St George's Hospital
Blackshaw Road 
SW17 0QT 

St Helier Hospital
Wrythe Lane 
SM5 1AA 

Kingston Hospital
Galsworthy Road 
Kingston Upon Thames 
KT2 7QB 

Dr S J Deacock,who practices at:

Frimley Park Hospital
Portsmouth Road 
GU16 7UJ 

Royal Surrey County Hospital
Egerton Road 
GU2 7XX 


They're the only ones listed in or near London for that speciality. Be
prepared for waiting lists. To see any of them of you must be referred
by your GP, who you should see in the first instance anyway.

All the above info from the NHS website at , so if
you want to go private then you should consider contacting a private
health care provider such as BUPA at or similar.

Hope this info is of help.

Clarification of Answer by jumpingjoe-ga on 18 Dec 2002 08:33 PST
Although those consultants are NHS, they may well undertake private
work as well. I suggest you contact them at their hospitals, and
obtain further details.
geecee-ga rated this answer:4 out of 5 stars
I would have liked to find a doctor who would take me on as a private
patient as my GP does not want to recommend an allergy specialist
because she says that person would only tell me to get rid ofmy cats,
so she gives me a lot of medication that does nothing to relieve my
asthma (which is not really that bad). What I would like is to have an
immunologist give me a series of shots to relieve this condition so
that I would not have to rely on medication.  I had an allergy
specialist when I was living in France and while she suggested I get
rid of my cat, she did give me the shots.  I know this has nothing to
do with the quality of the answer given to me by your researcher, only
the quality of the medical care one has to expect here in England.

Subject: Re: Cat Allergy and Asthma treatment by London area consultant
From: machnaop-ga on 16 Dec 2002 12:24 PST
I was just reviewing this new google service (at least new to me) and
I came across your dilemma.  I love cats and I am allergic to cats,
grass, and some other odd things here and there.

I tried drops, pills, and other things, but nothing worked until one
day my mother came across a doctro how did laser-accupuncture (not the
needles!).  I went and my allergies are gone.  Unfortunately, the
doctor who was, at that time (over 10-13 years ago) the only
laser-accupunturere in Switzerland, died the following summer.

I then went to the needle accupuncuter, but I regret to say that it
did not help and thus far I have not found anyone other laser
accupuncturerer at any of the locations I lived.

In any event, I hope this is of some help.  Hope that your allergies
will soon subside so that you and your cats can live happily ever

Subject: Re: Cat Allergy and Asthma treatment by London area consultant
From: jumpingjoe-ga on 18 Dec 2002 08:37 PST
If you're being prescribed Becotide (or a similar inhaled steroid) as
an asthma preventer, do persevere. I find it makes no difference
whatsoever for about a month, but wipes it out altogether when the
levels build up. Similarly, if I then stop taking it I still won't
show any symptoms for a few weeks, and then it'll hit me. Thus, it can
seem as if the inhaler isn't making a difference, since it takes such
a long time to start and stop working. It is however very effective.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy