Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Physicians ( Answered 5 out of 5 stars,   0 Comments )
Subject: Physicians
Category: Miscellaneous
Asked by: marion2230-ga
List Price: $10.00
Posted: 10 Jan 2003 07:56 PST
Expires: 09 Feb 2003 07:56 PST
Question ID: 141204
How do I get information regarding EEN&T physician
(Otorhinolaryngology).  Law suits, standing in graduating class, when
and where graduated?

Request for Question Clarification by luciaphile-ga on 10 Jan 2003 08:01 PST
What state does the doctor practice in? Thanks.
Subject: Re: Physicians
Answered By: luciaphile-ga on 10 Jan 2003 12:31 PST
Rated:5 out of 5 stars
Hi marion2230-ga,

Thanks for your question.

The American Medical Association has a feature called “Doctor Finder”
on their site. You will need to enter the last name of the doctor and
the state in which they practice. From this you can find out where
they went to medical school, did their residency, if they have board
certification, etc. They also have a feature that allows you to search
for specialists in a particular geographic location.

AMA Physician Select

Approximately twenty odd states provide licensing data on physicians
linked through the site listed below. Some states also disclose
whether or not they’ve been disciplined.


Other states not included here (e.g. New York) have pages with
licensing/disciplinary data set up. You didn’t specify which state the
doctor you have an interest in is located, usually through the state’s
department of health.

You can verify board certification through the ABMS (American Board of
Medical Specialties). You’ll have to register, but it’s free and you
are allowed 5 searches per day.


For more detail, such as the medical school the doctor attended,
years, internship and residency, they also put out a publication
called “The Official ABMS Directory of Board Certified Medical
Specialists.” A good number of colleges, large public libraries, and
medical libraries carry this book or have access to it online. You may
be able to phone their reference desk and obtain this information over
the phone.

Which Medical Specialist For You?

There is a pay site, where for a fee of $9.95, you may order a
Disciplinary History report.

Federation of State Medical Boards/DocInfo

The American Board of Otolaryngology has a web site, but does not
provide information on its members. You may, however, want to check
the site out.


I know of no source that will disclose class standings.

Search strategy:
Was familiar with the AMA site and the ABMS
Google search
doctors credentials
otolaryngology board
Also used Google’s directory

I hope this answers your question. If you need additional information
or if the links do not work, please ask for clarification before
rating my answer and I will do my best to assist you.


Request for Answer Clarification by marion2230-ga on 10 Jan 2003 14:00 PST
He practices in California - last name Hovie or Hove

Clarification of Answer by luciaphile-ga on 10 Jan 2003 14:59 PST
Hi marion2230-ga,

Looking at the Medical Board for the State of California site, there's
a Christopher Randall Hove and a few entries under Hovey. Nothing for
Hovie. As Dr. Christopher Hove is listed as an otolaryngologist
according to the AMA, I'm assuming he's the doctor your looking for.
He went to Medical School at Temple University in Philadelphia,
graduating in 1996. There's no disciplinary action listed for him.

California Medical Board

According to the AMA Doctor Finder page, and did his residency at
Albany Medical Center first in general surgery and than in
otolaryngology. He's board certified in otolaryngology.

AMA Physician Select

marion2230-ga rated this answer:5 out of 5 stars
Thanks for great answers.   Marion

There are no comments at this time.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy