Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: What telephone number can I call to talk to a real person about Tax questions? ( Answered 5 out of 5 stars,   0 Comments )
Subject: What telephone number can I call to talk to a real person about Tax questions?
Category: Reference, Education and News > General Reference
Asked by: pendleton-ga
List Price: $2.00
Posted: 15 Feb 2003 19:05 PST
Expires: 17 Mar 2003 19:05 PST
Question ID: 161920
We are a non-profit  501(c)(3) organization. We file the form 990 and
Schedule A for 990 with the Internal Revenue Service.

What telephone number can we call to talk to a real person about
details we need explained on how to file?

Thanks you great Answers Researchers!!
John P.
Subject: Re: What telephone number can I call to talk to a real person about Tax question
Answered By: jeanwil-ga on 15 Feb 2003 19:30 PST
Rated:5 out of 5 stars
Hi pendleton-ga,

Here is the website with the 1800 number you can call to talk to a
live person about your tax questions.

If you have any other questions please contact me.

Hope this helps.


Request for Answer Clarification by pendleton-ga on 15 Feb 2003 20:36 PST
Thank you for your effort. The number was for 1040.

Iasked for form 990 for a non-profit organization and schedule A.

Thank you.

Clarification of Answer by jeanwil-ga on 16 Feb 2003 00:48 PST
Hi pendleton-ga,

I apopogise for the incorrect information.  I have located the phone
1800 number for technical assistance with 990 forms

Hope this helps

Best Regards


Clarification of Answer by jeanwil-ga on 16 Feb 2003 01:30 PST
Hi pendleton-ga,

I have some additional information for you including live chat with a
CPA and a direct line to the IRS

live tax assistance

Internal Revenue Service
Nonprofit organizations must file a number of forms with the IRS,
particularly if they have employees.  In addition, nonprofits with
annual gross receipts of more than $25,000 must file Form 990 (or Form
990 EZ if gross receipts are less than $100,000 and total assets at
year end are less than $250,000).
For live telephone assistance: 1-800-829-1040
For forms delivered via mail: 1-800-829-3676
For forms delivered via Fax-on-Demand: 703-368-9694
Web: (click on Charities & Nonprofits) 

pendleton-ga rated this answer:5 out of 5 stars
jeanwill-- Excellent job! Thanks for helping with the specific need I asked for.
Boy, it is so hard to find real people to talk to these days. Well done.
Sorry for my delay to give you an excellent rating. 

John P.

There are no comments at this time.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy