Hello, and thanks for you question.
I wish it were possible to provide the full articles for you -- I've
always appreciated the Napster-like simplicity of getting what I want
right away. But copyright is copyright, so here is the information I
found about the articles that are available.
A few are directly available for free on the web. But the majority
are only available for a fee.
There were not a great many non-US articles. In fact, a search on
"The Man With a Past" and "Palm Springs" (and similar searches with
other titles you mentioned) did not turn up any non-US articles.
I hope the information below suits your needs, but if you have any
questions about it, please ask for a "Request for Clarification"
before rating this answer.
I found articles from three sources: Lexis-Nexis, Google News, and
Altavista News. These are listed below:
[The following list are articles from a Lexis-Nexis search. Easch
article costs $3.00 for full access. You can repeat the search
yourself by going to:
and clicking on the text that says:
"Not a Subscriber
Search Now Using Your
Follow their log-on procedures, and do a general news search by
copying and pasting this search term:
(palm springs) w/3 (international film festival)
into the search box. You will get a large list of search results, but
you will not be charged for anything unless you decide to access the
full text of any article.]
1. Montreal Gazette, January 21, 2003 Tuesday Final Edition, Arts &
Life; Pg. D1 / BREAK, Oscar dance gets tricky: With The Hours and
Chicago seen as major contenders, the campaign for nominations heats
up, RICK LYMAN, PALM SPRINGS, Calif.
2. Vancouver Sun, January 21, 2003 Tuesday Final Edition, News;
Town Talk; Pg. B3, Drag queen gets a Queen's Jubilee medal, Malcolm
3. National Post (f/k/a The Financial Post), January 15, 2003
Wednesday Toronto Edition, Arts & Life; Pg. AL6, First rule: Never
admit you're campaigning for an Academy Award: Nominations February
11: For filmmakers and studios, now is the time to be noticed, Rick
Lyman, PALM SPRINGS, Calif.
4. Wales on Sunday, January 12, 2003, Sunday, FEATURES; Pg. 6,
SHOWBIZ GOSSIP, ZOE BLACK
5. The Mirror, January 10, 2003, Friday, FEATURES; Pg. 13,
HOLLYWOOD NEWS: LOCAL LAD DONE GOOD, ALUN PALMER
6. The Canberra Times, January 8, 2003 Wednesday, Pg. 16, Paltrow
poetry in motion in NZ
7. EVENING CHRONICLE (Newcastle, UK), January 8, 2003, Wednesday,
Edition 1, Pg. 25, Showbiz Gossip
8. The Hamilton Spectator, January 7, 2003 Tuesday Final Edition,
ENTERTAINMENT; Pg. D09, User friendly / Trivia, tips and tidbits
9. Illawarra Mercury (Australia), January 7, 2003 Tuesday, News;
Pg. 8, Clooney To Keep Acting
10. London Free Press, January 7, 2003 Tuesday, Final Edition,
Entertainment;, Pg. C3, ENTERTAINMENT BUZZ, FREE PRESS NEWS
11. The Star Phoenix (Saskatoon), January 7, 2003 Tuesday Final
Edition, Lifestyle; Pg. C2, 118 words, Clooney says he won't helm
another film for a while, PALM SPRINGS, Calif.
12. The Vancouver Province, January 7, 2003 Tuesday Final Edition,
e entertainment today; Pg. B5, 318 words, Movie writer Glen Schaefer
is . . . dialled in: Keep reading and you will be, too, Glen Schaefer
13. Calgary Herald, January 6, 2003 Monday Final Edition, Arts &
Style; Pg. B8, 176 words, Clooney giving up directing for now, PALM
14. Edmonton Journal, January 6, 2003 Monday Final Edition,
Entertainment; Pg. C7, 176 words, Clooney in no hurry to try
directing again, Palm Springs, Calif.
15. The Halifax Daily News, January 6, 2003 Monday DAILY Edition,
MATINEE; Pg. 21, 178 words, Clooney taking a break from directing
16. The Record (Kitchener, Cambridge and Waterloo), January 6, 2003
Monday Final Edition, ARTS; Pg. B3, 178 words, Won't be directing
again for awhile, Clooney says, PALM SPRINGS
17. Times Colonist (Victoria), January 6, 2003 Monday Final
Edition, Arts; Pg. D5, 180 words, Director finds Gong Show biopic
fun, hard, PALM SPRINGS, Calif.
18. Toronto Star, January 6, 2003 Monday, Ontario Edition,
ENTERTAINMENT;, Pg. E02, 670 words, Brief
19. The Vancouver Province, January 6, 2003 Monday Final Edition,
e entertainment today; Pg. B5, 179 words, Done directing for now,
PALM SPRINGS, Calif
20. Western Daily Press, January 6, 2003, Entertainment, Pg.49,
116 words, No Business Like...
A search of Google News at [ http://news.google.com/ ]for ["Palm
Springs" "International Film Festival"] added the following articles.
I was not able to access the links themselves for some reason, but you
can easily recreate the search and see if the links will work for you:
Mani Ratnam's film scores at Palm Springs
Times of India, India - 28 Jan 2003
... film Kannaththil Muththamittaal, featuring Madhavan and Simran,
has been received extremely well at the prestigious Palm Springs
International Film Festival ...
I have no freedom in India, says Madhuri
Times of India, India - 23 Jan 2003
... my freedom here, which I don't at all have in India," she said
during a brief chat after a screening of Devdas at the Palm Springs
International Film Festival. ...
A similar search on AltaVista News at:
added the following articles -- again, you can easily recreate the
search yourself to pull these up in their entirely (when accessible):
Mani Ratnam bags international award
New Delhi(Jan 21):Virtually the entire spectrum of Indian cinema -
from personal celluloid essays to big-budget blockbusters - registered
a significant triumph at the Palm Springs International Film F
msn.co.in Tuesday, January 21, 2003 12:08:00 PM GMT
[link not accessible for me]
Mani Ratnam film does a Lagaan at Palm Springs
Mani Ratnam's Kannathil Muthamittal (A Peck on the Cheek) did a Lagaan
by wresting the third place among the festival's Top Ten Audience
Favourites. The Aamir Khan epic had won the same position at la
Hindustan Times Tuesday, January 21, 2003 3:09:00 PM GMT
[not clear if this is US or non-US]
Bangladeshi film aiming for Oscar
Last year the film won the Director's Award at the Cannes Film
Festival and the Best Screenplay Award at the Marrakesh Film Festival
Nine MSN Friday, January 3, 2003 3:06:00 PM GMT
The annual dance begins
Sydney Morning Herald Wednesday, January 15, 2003 2:01:21 PM GMT
Again, any questions, please ask for clarification.