Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Sponsoring an immigrant from Mexico ( Answered,   0 Comments )
Subject: Sponsoring an immigrant from Mexico
Category: Miscellaneous
Asked by: ineedaname-ga
List Price: $10.00
Posted: 15 Mar 2003 15:41 PST
Expires: 14 Apr 2003 16:41 PDT
Question ID: 176705
If an American citizen had a child (born in the USA) with a female
illegal immigrant from Mexico, how would they go about sponsoring that
person without getting married?
Subject: Re: Sponsoring an immigrant from Mexico
Answered By: jeanwil-ga on 15 Mar 2003 18:35 PST
Hi ineedaname-ga,

Immigration to the states legally for her is marriage.  Other ways for
her to be legal is through work sponsorship or family sponsorship. 
She would not be able to apply for the Green Card Lottery as she is
from Mexico.


Green Card Lottery 
applications for 2005 now being accepted

I am sorry that I do not have any good news for you.

Best regards


Request for Answer Clarification by ineedaname-ga on 16 Mar 2003 08:50 PST
Hi, I read about family sponsorship. She has an uncle (her bother's
brother) in the US. Can he sponsor her? Also, I found something about
her child can sponsor her. Can her daughter (a one year old US
citizen) sponsor her?

Clarification of Answer by jeanwil-ga on 16 Mar 2003 10:17 PST
Hi ineedaname-ga,

They always try to look for direct family relationship but I am not
too sure about the uncle, the best thing to do is call them.  With
regards to her child sponsoring her ..again they look at the person
sponsoring because they must have certain criteria and one of them is
the ability to finance the person that they are sponsoring.  Again the
best thing is to call them to be absoluelty sure ..things could have
change and they are changing everyday from Sept 11.

All the best.

There are no comments at this time.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy