Hello and thank you for your question.
As I'm sure you know, humans are mammals while frogs are amphibians.
And that's the easiest way to track down the biological systems that
are the same or different between us and them.
Amphibian - a cold-blooded vertebrate that spends some time on land
but must breed and develop into an adult in water. frogs, salamanders,
and toads are amphibians.
Mammal - Any of a large class called Mammalia; warm blooded, usually
hairy vertebrates whose offspring are fed with milk secreted by the
1. The circulatory system of amphibians and mammals alike are closed
systems, unlike more primitive organisms that use an open system. For
that reason frogs and humans both use their heart to pump blood.
Open and Closed Systems
2. The respiratory systems of frogs and humans both use lungs to
drive air in and out.
3. The visual system is important in both creatures, and both have
4. As far as reproductive systems go, frogs and humans alike
reproduce sexually - - by union of sperm and egg.
5. We also have a similarly designed skeletal system - - we are
vertebrates, with a backbone at the core.
6. Adult frogs live on land and breathe air much as we do.
7. Frogs and humans both have an advanced sense of smell via their
1. The circulatory system of an amphibian (frog) employs a
But a mammal's heart (human) has four chambers.
2. Unlike humans, frogs supplement respiration by also passing carbon
dioxide out via their skin surface
3. Because we are warm-blooded, we have a complex control system that
maintains our body temperature at its normal temperature regardless of
the outside temperature.
4. Frogs' visual system uses an interesting iris for light control
in each eye. Frogs have many different shapes of the iris defining the
pupils. They may be heart, pear, round or oval shaped, with each
shape unique to a particular design of frog.
5. Amphibians reproduce externally - - the female lays eggs in water
where they are fertilized by the male. Most amphibians, such as frogs
and salamanders, begin their lives in the water as larvae.
6. Frogs undergo metamorphosis, and they have systems and structures
to accomodate the change.
7. In the sensory system of the frog, olfactory sensory neurons
behave differently from all other nerve cells.
Search terms used:
mammal amphibian systems
Thank you for letting us help you with this project. If you find any
of this unclear, please request clarification. And please hold off on
rating this answer until I have a chance to reply.