I love creative assignments, as it inspires folks to think a little
out of the in-box ;-):
Here's a few ideas that the competition uses:
'Created and best viewed with Incredimail! -- Get your free copy here'
'E-mail has finally evolved' -- Incredimail
'Get your Private, Free Email At Hotmail.com' -- Hotmail.
Blah. Kinda boring. Been there, done that.
You want to emphasize the parts of the product that work. For
instance, if your mail program is really keen on filtering:
1) 'You've got mail, but only the mail _you_ want, with
MagnificentMail.com' (To play off your email just like in the movies
2) 'You've got Mail! Now with new improved filtering from
3) 'Want a filter that really works against spam? Try
If you're touting ease-of use:
4) 'MagnificentMail: You'll be checking your mail, not checking the
5) 'MagnificentMail: When you just want a mail client that works.'
6) 'MagnificentMail, for when you just want to e-mail and go!'
If your client is really interoperable with other systems:
7) 'Worried about ditching Outlook Express/Outlook for a better
alternative? Worry no longer. MagnificentMail will import your
existing messages with the touch of a button.'
8) 'Magnificicent Mail -- When you just want everything to work, with
If you've magically solved my dream of making a windows-based PIM
manager, you could always include something like:
9) 'MagnificentMail -- keeps your life in order when you don't have
10)'MagnificentMail -- Keeps your email and schedule up-to-date, in
11) 'MagnificentMail -- Checks your email without hassle.'
12) 'Why cry and wail? Try MagnificentMail' (Or MagnifiMail')
Or to hype on your features-list:
13) 'MagnificentMail -- All the features, none of the bugs :-)'
14) 'MagnificentMail -- The effortless alternative to the other mail
15) 'MagnificentMail -- Email without questions'
16) 'MagnificentMail -- Just the mail, Ma'am'
17) 'MagnificentMail -- All others snail in comparison'
18) 'Why have an ordinary mail application, when you have
If you plan on having emoticons:
19) 'MagnificentMail -- Now with smileys.'
20) 'Show them what you really mean, with MagnificientMail.'
If you have a signature option like Incredimail:
21) 'Signed, sealed, delivered -- with MagnificentMail.'
22) 'Anyone can send a boring text email -- how many can sign their
emails with a personal signature? Now you can, with MagnificentMail.'
Finally, a little humor:
23) 'MagnificentMail -- It's better than a kick in the head.'
24) 'MagnificentMail -- For the Dear John letters you do want to
25) 'MagnificentMail -- Because some e-mail is too important for
I hope at least one of these tickles your fancy. I know I'd at least
stop and grin at most of them, and the eyeballs are what you need.