Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: How to replace wall socket for my phone ( Answered 5 out of 5 stars,   0 Comments )
Subject: How to replace wall socket for my phone
Category: Family and Home > Home
Asked by: whizhost-ga
List Price: $2.00
Posted: 08 Jul 2003 12:24 PDT
Expires: 07 Aug 2003 12:24 PDT
Question ID: 226635
I live in Australia and I have a 600 series wall socket for my phone.
I want to install the US RJ-11 wall socket (which are fitted in newer
homes). Are there any diagrams on the internet showing where the wires
fit in to the standard RJ-11 wall socket?
Subject: Re: How to replace wall socket for my phone
Answered By: larre-ga on 08 Jul 2003 19:33 PDT
Rated:5 out of 5 stars

A basic wiring diagram for a RJ-11 jack can be found at:

T-568 and Telephone Color Codes

--Providing-- that Telstra uses the same wiring colors as in the U.S.
This seems to be, at least up to present, Telstra proprietary

You'll also find instructions, advice and wiring diagrams from
Phone-Man. There are several Telstra entries in the Guestbook, I'm
guessing that the diagrams proved useful.

Phone-Man's Home Wiring Advice Page

Answer Strategy

Marriage to PacBell Cable Repairman, a classic case of the cobbler's
children going barefoot. I had to learn how to wire our own house's
telephone jacks.

Google Search Terms:

rj-11 "wiring diagram"

I hope this provides all you need. 

--- larre
whizhost-ga rated this answer:5 out of 5 stars
Thank you!

There are no comments at this time.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy