To provide a useful solution to your problem, it is necessary to
know the which version of Internet Explorer, Outlook Express and
Windows you are using. Since you have not provided this informations,
I am assuming that you are using IE 6 with OE 6. If you are using a
different version, just post it here, and I will modify my answer.
The Microsoft Knowledge Base lists a number of reasons for the
problem you described. The following Knowledge Base articles list out
the symptoms you may be experience, along with the step by step
instructions for solving the problem. Just identify the article with
the exact symptom you are experiencing, and follow its instructions.
1. OLEXP: Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Do Not Start Web
2. OLEXP: Hyperlink with an Exclamation Point (!) in the Address Does
Not Start Your Web Browser Program
3. OLEXP: Hyperlinks in Outlook Express May Not Be Active
4. OLEXP: How to Configure Outlook Express to Open Links in E-mail
Messages in a New Browser Window
If none of the above suggestions work for you, then you will either
have to Repair or Reinstall Internet Explorer 6.
If you are not using Windows XP:
- Goto Start Menu>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs.
- Scroll down to Microsoft Internet Explorer and highlight it.
- Click on the Add/Remove button.
- When the IE Tools menu comes up, select Repair. Click OK.
If you are using Windows XP:
The following MS KB article contains information on repairing
IE/OE on Windows XP:
- How to Reinstall or Repair IE and Outlook Express in Windows XP
You can download and install the latest version of Internet Explorer
and Outlook Express from the following site:
- Internet Explorer Home Page
Hope this helps.
If you need any clarifications, just ask. I will be glad to be of
Google Search Terms Used:
open hyperlink outlook express