I've decided to hazard my answer to this question, and I believe it's
adequate. I think there will be only few certain examples of what you
ask since the issue is still very controversial, so whether some
examples are truly successes or not is still arguable. I believe
though the examples I give here are certain enough, and come from
[gordon-newspost] globalization: pros and cons, with some views of
both . . . plus political comments - newsgroup posting
- Here's an article describing how Kodak benefitted from
Globalization: The Pros
- Aside from a discussion of pros and cons, it also describes how The
Body Shop benefitted from globalization.
Globalization Services - Success Stories and Case Studies
- Continental Design and Services relates the success story of one of
its clients in globalization.
The Globalist | Global Economy -- Botswana: A Development Success
- This is a book review that actually explains how the country of
Botswana benefited from globalization. This is said to be the "one"
country that got it right, so I will find it easy to believe that this
might be the only successful country.
Globalization: For Whose Benefit?
- An article that discusses CSR (corporate social reponsibility) in
relation to globalization.
CTPS Issues: The Benefits of Globalization
- Here's a site that links to several articles, papers and PDF files
that discuss globalization.
TABLE: The Pros and Cons of Globalization
Yale Anthropologist on Globalization-What Real Globalization Would
- Based on what is said by David Graeber hire, I'd say that
globalization is meant to benefit both consumers and companies. But
with the current situation, it appears that companies are the big
winners in globalization, because they seem powerful enough to take
action and be able to maximize the benefits. Consumers do not have
that much capability having less power compared to an organized entity
such as a company.
The Globalist | International Business > Mergers -- The EU: U.S.
Consumer's Best Friend
- This discusses mergers as a way to exploit globalization for the
gain of only companies.
The Globalist | Front Page
- The Globalist looks like a good source of news and opinions on both
the pro and con sides of globalization.
Google seearch terms used:
globalization benefit companies
globalization actually benefit
I hope this has been a most helpful answer. If you need anything else,
or have a problem with the answer, do please post a Request for
Clarification and I shall respond as soon as I can. Thank you.