Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Hiking the Flume Trail ( Answered 4 out of 5 stars,   0 Comments )
Subject: Hiking the Flume Trail
Category: Sports and Recreation > Training
Asked by: trail_man-ga
List Price: $5.00
Posted: 12 Dec 2003 13:57 PST
Expires: 11 Jan 2004 13:57 PST
Question ID: 286461
Who controls special use permits for The Flume Trail?
Subject: Re: Hiking the Flume Trail
Answered By: hummer-ga on 12 Dec 2003 16:18 PST
Rated:4 out of 5 stars
Hi trail_man,

1) If you mean the Marlette-Flume Trail, Lake Tahoe, Nevada, it falls
under the authority of the Nevada State Park.

Nevada State Park: Special Use Permits:

Marlette-Hobart Backcountry
Lake Tahoe-Nevada State Park
P.O. Box 8867
Incline Village, NV 89452
(775) 831-0494

I confirmed this by visiting a Flume Trail mountain bike company website. 
"Owned and operated under Special Use Permit from the Nevada State Parks"

2) If you mean the Black Hills National Forest Flume Trail, you would
need to contact the USDA for a Special Use Permit.

Black Hills National Forest: Contacts:

Special Use Permits: 
"Contact a Forest Service office and request an application. You will
receive an application, depending upon your requested use."

USDA: Permits:

USDA Forest Service Special Use Forms:
"All proposals for the use of the National Forest under a Special Use
authorization require a pre-application meeting. Contact the
applicable National Forest prior to completing the application form.
This meeting will help develop a mutual understanding of your proposal
and guide the appropriate use of the National Forest prior to the
expenditure of time, resources, or energy on the application." recreation/permits/forms.htm

I hope this helps - if you have any questions or if you have a
different Flume Trail in mind, please post a clarification request
before closing/rating my answer.

Thank you,

Google Search Terms Used:

tahoe "flume trail" "state park"
tahoe "flume trail" Forest Service office permit
tahoe "flume trail" office
tahoe "flume trail"
"special use permits" "Black Hills National Forest"
"special use permits" "national forests"
trail_man-ga rated this answer:4 out of 5 stars

There are no comments at this time.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy