Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Kitchen item ( Answered,   3 Comments )
Subject: Kitchen item
Category: Family and Home > Food and Cooking
Asked by: hatlady-ga
List Price: $4.00
Posted: 18 Jun 2002 16:55 PDT
Expires: 25 Jun 2002 16:55 PDT
Question ID: 28747
When I was a child and until recently I had a metal holder that had a
bottom space for paper towels, one for waxed paper and a third for
saran wrap or whatever.  It had serrated edges on all three
compartments, hung on the wall and was made of chrome/shiny metal.  I
can't find one anywhere.  Can you help?

Request for Question Clarification by knowledge_seeker-ga on 18 Jun 2002 17:34 PDT
I know just what you're looking for, but so far no luck. I've found
similar products in plastic and (maybe)oak. Interested?

Subject: Re: Kitchen item
Answered By: runix-ga on 18 Jun 2002 19:19 PDT

I think I've found what you're looking for, take a look on this pages:

This is a model without the sharp edges:,%20Helvetica,%20sans-serif&color1=003399&color2=CEE5FF&color3=97C5FA&link=666666&visited=666666&hover=000000&active=666666&titlecolor=FFFFFF&textcolor=000000&bgcolor=FFFFFF

Google Images was the best tool I found to search this.

Search strategy (on Google Images)


Good luck!
Subject: Re: Kitchen item
From: knowledge_seeker-ga on 18 Jun 2002 17:54 PDT
Here, I'll just give you what I found: 


A nicer plastic box-type


(This is a cached site, so they may not offer this product any

Good Luck -K~
Subject: Re: Kitchen item
From: arlenegreen-ga on 18 Jun 2002 18:40 PDT
When in doubt...hit up eBay. 

I found a really nice chrome one:

and if you want to browse there are many, many more:

The search terms I used were:

Happy shopping. :)
Subject: Re: Kitchen item
From: googlebrain-ga on 18 Jun 2002 18:41 PDT
From personal knowledge, I can tell you that those handy razor-blade
like edges they used to have on commercial saran-wrap boxes and
devices like you used to own are now considered too dangerous for
consumer products. I've seen some wacky things lately being marketed
to replace the cutting surface, but a good long strip of 1/8" metal
spikes was always the best, in my opinion. :)


Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy