Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Immigration for a Mexican anesthesiologist ( Answered 5 out of 5 stars,   2 Comments )
Subject: Immigration for a Mexican anesthesiologist
Category: Miscellaneous
Asked by: amsterdam-ga
List Price: $4.00
Posted: 10 Feb 2004 04:18 PST
Expires: 11 Mar 2004 04:18 PST
Question ID: 305322
How would a 30-year-old Mexican anesthesiologist student finishing his
studies in Mexico begin to explore opportunities in a western country
(U.S., Europe, Canada)?  Where would he look for information,
agencies, or assistance in immigrating and working?

Clarification of Question by amsterdam-ga on 11 Feb 2004 03:40 PST
Thanks - both sites are useful.  However, I'm asking this for an
acquaintance in Mexico, and I think I'm looking for more practical
information.  Who would he contact or what steps might he take.
Subject: Re: Immigration for a Mexican anesthesiologist
Answered By: scribe-ga on 13 Feb 2004 12:09 PST
Rated:5 out of 5 stars
Hi Amsterdam,
I have looked into this further, and have found two Websites that
should prove useful to your friend.

Going on the assumption that the best way for him to achieve his goal
is to first FIND a position and THEN obtain the necessary visa, I
searched "international physician recruitment."

This Yahoo page is an excellent compendium of such recruitment resources:

And within this Yahoo page, this company--CanAm Recruiting--seemed to
offer the greatest amount of useful information, not only about
positions that are open, but also about applicable immigration laws
and procedures in both Canada and the US:

I hope these will serve as a good beginning point.
Good luck!
amsterdam-ga rated this answer:5 out of 5 stars and gave an additional tip of: $1.00
Thanks - I will forward this informatiion to my friend - it should be a start.

Subject: Re: Immigration for a Mexican anesthesiologist
From: scribe-ga on 10 Feb 2004 08:43 PST
Hello amsterdam,
You ask a complex question. I did begin to look into this, and have
these links for you.

This link contains the relevant section of U.S. Immigration law:

This other link (again US) may be of interest to you since it
describes an interesting opportunity to faciliate admission to the US,
when the physician commits to working in an "underserved area."

If these are useful and you would like to see what else I might find,
let me know and I will post an answer.
Subject: Re: Immigration for a Mexican anesthesiologist
From: scribe-ga on 11 Feb 2004 03:54 PST
This list of attorneys in several states who specialize in healthcare
provider immigration may be useful to your friend. The fact that so
many such firms do such work suggests to me that it may be difficult
for an individual to do it successfully on his own.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy