The list of items that appear when you begin typing your search
term is not shown by the Google website. Instead, it is caused by the
AutoComplete feature present in Internet Explorer versions 5 and
For more inforamtion on this AutoComplete feature, check out this article:
- Using Internet Explorer 5's AutoComplete Feature
( http://www.zdnetindia.com/print.html?iElementId=9250 )
If you want to delete all the entries from this list, or want to
disable the AutoComplete feature so that the list does not appear any
more, follow these steps:
- In your Internet Explorer, goto the 'Tools' menu and click on
- In the options dialog box that appears, click on the 'Content' tab.
- Click on the 'Autocomplete' button
- You can delete all the items in the list by clicking on the
'Clear Forms' button.
- You can prevent the list from appearing for the search boxes by
unchecking the 'Forms' checkbox under the item 'Use Autocomplete
- Click 'Ok' to dismiss the Options dialog. Your problem should now be solved.
Also, depending on your version of Internet Explorer, you might be
able to delete individual items from the autocomplete list when it
appears. Follow these steps:
- First get the list to appear for the search box. You can do
this by double clicking inside an empty textbox, or you can just try
typing into the box, and the list will appear containing terms that
match what you have typed.
- When the list appears, move your mouse pointer on top of the
item you want to delete (Don't click on the item), and press the
'Delete' key on your keyboard.
- Repeat this for every item you want to delete.
Hope this helps.
If you need any clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask.
Google Search Terms Used :
internet explorer clear autocomplete entry