Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Genealogical research - WV early 1800s ( No Answer,   0 Comments )
Subject: Genealogical research - WV early 1800s
Category: Family and Home > Families
Asked by: buckeye68-ga
List Price: $100.00
Posted: 01 Apr 2004 09:29 PST
Expires: 01 May 2004 10:29 PDT
Question ID: 323600
Mary WALLER,daughter of William WALLER (1757-1832), married a man with
the surname SEVERNS, SOVERNS, or SOVEREIGNS, and had a son John born
January 1, 1812 in what is now Preston County, WV. I have seen
speculation that
the father's name was John or Joseph, but I'm not interested in
speculation. I want documentation of the father's name, the date and
location  of the the marriage, and the names of the father's parents.

Request for Question Clarification by scriptor-ga on 01 Apr 2004 11:05 PST
Dear buckeye 68,

What kind of documentation would you consider a valid answer?


Clarification of Question by buckeye68-ga on 01 Apr 2004 12:33 PST
For the husband's identification/marriage record I would expect to see
a legally marriage record or a church record for a Mary WALLER and a
SEVERNS/SOVERNS/SOVEREIGNS in the Berkeley/Monongalia County VA area
some time in the 1790-1811 period. Another possibility would be a
documented birth or baptismal record for John from 1812 identifying
his father. For the names of the parents of the father, as I am
already familiar with the names of the several
SEVERNS/SOVERNS/SOVEREIGNS families in the area at that time, I would
settle for virtually anything tieing him to such a family, e.g. a will
or his year of birth.

By the way, I and many others have been looking for this information
for years - it ain't easy! I can guess a couple of possible names,
based on circumstantial information, but I'm not paying $100 for an
educated guess. I want something that would be acceptable to an
organization like the DAR.
There is no answer at this time.

There are no comments at this time.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy