Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Find replacement parts for Technics 1200 turntables ( Answered 5 out of 5 stars,   3 Comments )
Subject: Find replacement parts for Technics 1200 turntables
Category: Arts and Entertainment > Music
Asked by: donphiltrodt-ga
List Price: $9.00
Posted: 19 Apr 2004 21:14 PDT
Expires: 19 May 2004 21:14 PDT
Question ID: 332887
Please find a reputable online retailer of work-alike (or authentic)
replacement parts for my Technics SL-1200 mk2 turntables.

I need these parts...

8 turntable "feet"
2 on/off switch assemblies
2 cueing light assemblies
1 45-rpm adapter
Subject: Re: Find replacement parts for Technics 1200 turntables
Answered By: clouseau-ga on 19 Apr 2004 21:46 PDT
Rated:5 out of 5 stars
Hello donphiltrodt,

Thank you for your question.

Whenever I need SL-1200 parts, I go right to Panasonic. Just about
everything is available from stock:

Go to the above page, enter sl-1200, select your particular version
and then parts locator from the right hand column and you will have
the parts list. Unfortunately, I can not link you directly to the
results page. But once here, you can order directly and easily online.

For example, you asked for feet:

SFGC122-02E FOOT, ONE OF FOUR 11.18 

Cue light might turn out to be several parts, including:


Power switch:


45 RPM Adaptor:

SFWE010 45 RPM ADAPTOR 12.75 

And so on.

I found their service to be excellent and parts arrive correctly and on time.

Now, if for some reason you prefer to deal with a retailer rather than
the factory parts house, I'd suggest Leo's Audio in Oakland,
(510) 653-1000 

I've dealt with them for years and have only the highest regard. They
will not have these parts in stock, but will be able to order for you.

I do think your best bet is Panasonic direct, however, for fastest service.

I trust my research has provided you with a useful answer . If a link
above should fail to work or anything require further explanation or
research, please do post a Request for Clarification prior to rating
the answer and closing the question and I will be pleased to assist



Request for Answer Clarification by donphiltrodt-ga on 04 May 2004 17:12 PDT
Well, I received my parts.  Thanks for the help.

No surprise, though, I guess: I didn't exactly what I needed.  This part...


...isn't what I was wanting.

Can you help me identify the part I need?

Ya know the cyclindrical assembly that stands next to the platter and
shines the strobe lights on the timing dot?  What is that?  (My
turntables are missing the top-piece, so I dunno if there's a switch
that supposed to be there.)

Is that a power switch of some sort?  Or perhaps the master speed fine-tuning?

Here's the picture...

Second question: What are the parts I need to buy to replace the
functionality.  The lights work, but there's no black top-plates?

Clarification of Answer by clouseau-ga on 04 May 2004 20:30 PDT
Hello again,

I'm actually away on business and on the world's slowest laptop (tm)
right now. So I am afraid that I will not be able to help until this
weekend. Also, this question has really been effectively closed and
though I am happy to help further, I think you will get much faster
response posting your new needs as a new question and referring to
this one in your question. This way, another one of our talented
researchers will most likely be able to help you before I have the

I'll check in this weekend to see if I can offer further assistance if
your needs have not been met by then.



Clarification of Answer by clouseau-ga on 07 May 2004 09:34 PDT
Hi again,

I am unable to get access to the picture you posted getting a 403
Forbidden error, so I can not be sure what part you are referring to.
I'm a bit confused since my memory recalls that the stylus
illumination device (pop-up) is a different assembly from fine speed
adjustment and is not black. So I am not sure which part you require.

If it is the stylus lamp, you might wish to consider these parts:


Now after re-reading yourlast clarification, it seems you need the
actual power switch above the strobe light assembly. You will note
several parts that seem to describe this and one listed three times in
the Panasonic parts list!


It also (likely) may be the following:

SFKT122-01E2 KNOB POWER ON/OFF 11.32  

I think the best bet is to call their parts support to be sure that
the next order is exactly the parts you require:

National Parts Center at 800-833-9626 between the hours of 9am and
7:30pm EST Monday through Friday.

I hope this is helpful.

donphiltrodt-ga rated this answer:5 out of 5 stars and gave an additional tip of: $1.00
Thanks for the site navigation tips.  Very helpful.

Please comment on (regardless if you've used them or not).

Subject: Re: Find replacement parts for Technics 1200 turntables
From: clouseau-ga on 19 Apr 2004 22:08 PDT
Thanks for the rating and tip. Glad to help.

I'm not at all familiar with Turntable Lab, but their site looks great
and very complete. While their SL-1200 parts list is not extensive,
they do have the most commonly needed items and some at a lower price
than Panasonic direct.

I'm sure a search on Google would produce opinions from folks who have
dealt with them.

Best regards,

Subject: Re: Find replacement parts for Technics 1200 turntables
From: donphiltrodt-ga on 07 May 2004 12:06 PDT
Thanks a lot.  Yeah.  It's the KNOB/SHAFT combo that I was looking
for.  Hopefully that'll be it.

Thanks for the extra help.
Subject: Re: Find replacement parts for Technics 1200 turntables
From: djjakey-ga on 21 Jun 2004 15:02 PDT
I've found the following sites useful for Dj Equipment information and sales:

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy