Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: California child support & income ( No Answer,   1 Comment )
Subject: California child support & income
Category: Family and Home > Families
Asked by: hbomb208-ga
List Price: $20.00
Posted: 20 May 2004 11:47 PDT
Expires: 19 Jun 2004 11:47 PDT
Question ID: 349503
I am a resident of California and have recently been informed that I
am the father of a soon-to-be-born child.  My income has spiked in
recent years due to stock option vesting.  I expect to have a
significantly lower income in the coming years.  I expect that the
child will be in
the custody of the mother with a certain % of visitation for myself. 
Around 40%. I understand the basics of the calcuation but this wrinkle
is throwing me off.

- How is the income calculated when it fluxuates as described above?

- The mother is of Canadian residency.  If she decides to move back
with the child how does this affect the support and my general rights
of visitation?

- If I derive income from rental property which simply goes to pay the
taxes, mortgage,etc on those properties (ie no profit) will this
income be calculated into the child support?

- What sort of deferred income options are there -  such as a 401K -
to lower my child support payments?
There is no answer at this time.

Subject: Re: California child support & income
From: jennifer132-ga on 11 Jul 2004 20:57 PDT

I see that you have not got any answers. You may
want to contact a detective agency.. Here are a few
that I have used before.. (Public records) (Public records and detective agency)

Hope this helps..

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy