Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: software patch ( Answered,   0 Comments )
Subject: software patch
Category: Computers > Software
Asked by: zeusii-ga
List Price: $20.00
Posted: 30 May 2004 19:36 PDT
Expires: 29 Jun 2004 19:36 PDT
Question ID: 354084
we are looking for a software patch to be run on the computer to
reconize the lead from the printer to the computer.we have been told
it is usb chip set wire tech 3038.we have a hewlett pacard psc 2110
all in one which doesn't seem to be compatable.thanks
Subject: Re: software patch
Answered By: aht-ga on 31 May 2004 23:03 PDT

I must admit that I puzzled over your Question for a while, as I am
not familiar with a USB chip set called "wire tech 3038"... then it
struck me that what you most likely are looking for is the USB filter
patch update for the "VIA Tech 3038 PCI to USB controller". On the
assumption that this is the case, please refer to the following
webpage for further information about this patch, and links to
download it:

VIA Technologies Inc. USB Drivers

The direct link for the download is:

Please note that this download is a ZIP file; if you do not have a
program capable of opening ZIP files (note that Windows XP itself is
already capable of viewing ZIP files, if you have Windows XP
installed), you can download a trial version of WinZIP from:

I hope this helps! Please let me know if any part of this Answer
requires clarification, using the "Request Answer Clarification"
button above.


Google Answers Researcher
There are no comments at this time.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy