Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Download , burn and post to my address ( Answered 5 out of 5 stars,   0 Comments )
Subject: Download , burn and post to my address
Category: Computers > Software
Asked by: nkans-ga
List Price: $2.00
Posted: 02 Jul 2002 11:51 PDT
Expires: 01 Aug 2002 11:51 PDT
Question ID: 35893
I'm facing a problem in downloading a very big file from internet
which is appromately  600MB. I'm not having sufficient internet
connection bandwidth and time to download.

I'm looking for a company who can download the files which I say in
the given URL and burn a CD or DVD of it and send it across to me to
my address.

Can you suggest any website is doing the same?
Subject: Re: Download , burn and post to my address
Answered By: lotd-ga on 02 Jul 2002 12:05 PDT
Rated:5 out of 5 stars
Hi nkans,

The service you are looking for is XBurn:

As the website states:

"You tell us where the data is, we burn it onto CD and send it to you
for you for just $5.95 (includes shipping)."

"No more long downloads. Perfect for modem users with slow
connections.  Burn the files directly from a website or FTP site, and
avoid those hours of downloading."

Search Terms:

burn downloaded files fee

I hope that answers your question,

Request for Answer Clarification by nkans-ga on 02 Jul 2002 18:23 PDT
Do I have anything in the UK? I'm looking something free and should be
local postable here in the UK.

Clarification of Answer by lotd-ga on 04 Jul 2002 05:16 PDT
Hi nkans,

I have just completed an exhaustive search of possible services in the
UK and am unable to find anything that matches your requirements.
It seems that XBurn is your only real option. They provide shipping to
the UK for an extra $3, making a total of $8.95.
Using the online currency converter this translates
to approximately 5.87. I am sorry this is not exactly what you were
looking for, but it seems a UK-based service does not exist.

nkans-ga rated this answer:5 out of 5 stars
Suggestion is excellent.

There are no comments at this time.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy