Just as a note, neither Google Answers nor I take responsibility for
any information lost. However these instructions should not be a
danger to your PC and if you have any concerns, just ask for
Follow these procedure for cleaning spyware off of your computer:
1. Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and look for search mall.com
and or other software that you have not installed and uninstall it.
2. Download and install/run StartupCPL
(http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml). I recommend you use the
Standalone EXE version. Click through the various tabs and uncheck any
items that appear to be spyware/adaware. If you are not sure, you can
goto http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php to look up the program, or
post it here and I can tell you if its important or not.
3. Install AdAware (http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/),
update to the latest reference file and run a scan on your entire
computer. Go to Scan Now > Perform smart system-scan > Next and
Quarantine/Delete the ads you find.
4. Update your virus reference files and run a complete system scan.
5. Download HijackThis (http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/)
and run it. Click Scan. Check any of items which appear to be your
unwanted toolbar and click Fix checked.
This should clear your computer of all spyware/adware/unwanted
toolbars. If you have any questions or doubts about what to
uninstall/delete, please ask for clarifications and I will be happy to