Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Acquiring Powdered Alcohol ( Answered,   2 Comments )
Subject: Acquiring Powdered Alcohol
Category: Family and Home > Food and Cooking
Asked by: ferdinandeiffel-ga
List Price: $2.50
Posted: 16 Jun 2004 12:15 PDT
Expires: 16 Jul 2004 12:15 PDT
Question ID: 362031
How can I obtain Powdered alcohol in the united states?
Subject: Re: Acquiring Powdered Alcohol
Answered By: digsalot-ga on 16 Jun 2004 12:33 PDT
Hello there 

"Alcohol powder is a new product on the US market. It is classified as
a flavoring, despite being 60 proof, and doesn't require any kind of
license or special handling for purchase. You can apparently use it as
a flavoring for many different recipes." - Quote from - Metafilter
Here is a source located in California and is the only supplier I find listed: - Website of Senba USA, inc. -
There is contact information if you need it.

Search - google
Terms - alcohol powder

If I may clarify anything, please ask.


Request for Answer Clarification by ferdinandeiffel-ga on 16 Jun 2004 14:27 PDT
Well, that page you have sent me, the one about senba, is actually 5
years old; Senba does not distribute powdered alcohol anymore.  Is
there another supplier out there?

Clarification of Answer by digsalot-ga on 16 Jun 2004 15:55 PDT
I will see if I can find an alternative for you.  If Senba is no
longer distributing, the answer to your question may very well be, -
you can't.

If Senba stopped selling it, it must be very recently as the latest
articles dealing with their product date to June 14, this year.  Just
two days ago.

the metafilter link is from then.

And so is this one:
- The article is a cache since the page changes daily

This from Feb 23, this year.

Will look further.


Clarification of Answer by digsalot-ga on 17 Jun 2004 09:28 PDT
I have left email and voice-mail at Senba.  They are also the
manufacturers of the product and if they are no longer carrying it
directly, there may be other suppliers they work with.


Clarification of Answer by digsalot-ga on 18 Jun 2004 08:53 PDT
I am trying one more time with the contacts.  So far nothing but
answering machines and no response to the email.  It seems like a
small office.

I also cannot establish anybody else making the product other than
Senba.  Since they are both the manufacturer and distributer, I fear
the final answer will be whatever I can get out of them.

I'm not giving up yet.  I am hoping that if it is a small office,
perhaps they all take summer vacation at the same time?


Clarification of Answer by digsalot-ga on 21 Jun 2004 19:41 PDT
I have still heard nothing.  Further searching has indicated that
Senba is the only manufacturer on record for "powdered alcohol," and
also indicates that Senba is the only source for distribution in the

Without word from Senba, the answer I have found for your question so
far, is that there is currently no place to purchase powdered alcohol
in the US.

This is one of those times when I hope somebody jumps in and tells me
my answer is wrong since it is something you are looking for.

I'll fire another contact attempt their way and see what happens.

Subject: Re: Acquiring Powdered Alcohol
From: tlspiegel-ga on 16 Jun 2004 16:56 PDT
You can reach Semba at:

Please contact us for more information:
23578 Bernhardt Street 
Hayward, CA. 94545 
Toll Free: 1-888-922-9879
Tel: 510-264-5851/5852 
Fax: 510-264-1039 

The link digsalot provided for you was last updated on 02/04/2003. 

Best regards,
Subject: Re: Acquiring Powdered Alcohol
From: bananarchy-ga on 18 Jun 2004 07:50 PDT
When the original MeFi story ran a few days ago, I immediately emailed
the company requesting more information.  I still haven't heard back
(and I suspect my email's been sitting in the queue for a bit longer
than digsalot's), so I'm not too hopeful about them...

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy