Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Need Pacific Power Supply ( Answered 5 out of 5 stars,   1 Comment )
Subject: Need Pacific Power Supply
Category: Computers > Hardware
Asked by: bek-ga
List Price: $20.00
Posted: 24 Jun 2004 09:44 PDT
Expires: 24 Jul 2004 09:44 PDT
Question ID: 365646
I need to find a replacement part for 3P Pacific Power Products Model
No PRO 120-3.  It takes AC at 100-204Vac and produces DC at +5V 12.0
A; +12V 6.0 A; -12V 0.5 A.  It's special connector and I can't use a
standard power supply for an Intel style server.  It comes from a
Quantum Snap 4000 Server.  If I can't find the power supply, I would
buy a server.  Note, this is NOT a Snap 4100 or newer server.  These
power supplies aren't compatible.

Request for Question Clarification by smudgy-ga on 25 Jun 2004 08:24 PDT
Hi bek,

I'm not quite sure whether you're looking for the entire power supply,
or just one component of the power supply. My sense is that it's the
entire power supply that you're looking for, but I just want to be


Clarification of Question by bek-ga on 25 Jun 2004 08:58 PDT
yes, the whole power supply.

Request for Question Clarification by smudgy-ga on 25 Jun 2004 10:06 PDT
Hi bek,

I've contacted the former owner of the former Pacific Power Products
(which has since been sold to a larger company). He is trying to track
down an old PRO 120-3 in the remainder inventory; if he's not able to
find one he will try to come up with a substitute that fits the same
form factor.

It may be the case in either situation that the connector you have was
installed by Quantum and not by 3P. This means that you may have to
cannibalize the connector from your old power supply and wire it to
the new power supply yourself. Would this be an acceptable solution to


Clarification of Question by bek-ga on 25 Jun 2004 11:29 PDT
Yes, this would be acceptable.  I suspect you are right about
modifications made by Quantum.

Request for Question Clarification by smudgy-ga on 25 Jun 2004 13:45 PDT
Hello again bek,

My contact has informed me that he has two PRO120-3 on hand, and has
given me a price of $70 each. Would this be acceptable to you?


Clarification of Question by bek-ga on 25 Jun 2004 14:27 PDT
Yes, I'd like both of them.
Subject: Re: Need Pacific Power Supply
Answered By: smudgy-ga on 25 Jun 2004 14:34 PDT
Rated:5 out of 5 stars
Hi bek,

I hope you are satisfied with the following answer. If not, please
request a clarification before rating and I will do my best to clear
up any difficulties.

I found a phone number (877 722-7697) for Pacific Power Products in
the "Internet Tollfree National Directory,"
<>, and upon calling it I reached a
company called TTC Power, which apparently purchased 3P some time ago.

I got in touch with Vic Tricamo at TTC Power, formerly of Pacific
Power Products. As I understand it, TTC has inherited the contracts
and stock of 3P upon their purchase of the company.

Vic was kind enough to look through the old stock, and managed to find
two of PRO120-3 in stock. He quoted a price of $70 each.

Here is the contact information Vic gave me:

Telephone: 805-388-0039
Fax: 805-388-8360
Cell: 805-444-0399

Please tell Vic that you were referred to him by "Smudgy". I am not
certain of the details of the connector that the power supply comes
with, but I believe Vic has access to the technical details of the
power supply. He may be able to supply those details to you if there
is any difficulty matching up the leads, if you do need to salvage the
old connector.

I hope you find this answer meets your needs! Once again, if not,
please request a clarification detailing how else I can help.


Search strategy:

Google search for <"Pacific Power Products"> <"Pacific Power Products" 3P>
Phone calls to TTC.
bek-ga rated this answer:5 out of 5 stars
Thanks for your help.  I ordered them today.

Subject: Re: Need Pacific Power Supply
From: babaum-ga on 24 Jun 2004 21:02 PDT
You should take a look at the ENERMAX manufature of power supply, they
have the best ones for desktops and alot of server models, send than
an e-mail with the especification, I'm sure that even if they don't
have the model and can't manufacture one for you, they will help you.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy