Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: 50th Wedding Anniversary Gift? ( Answered,   0 Comments )
Subject: 50th Wedding Anniversary Gift?
Category: Family and Home > Families
Asked by: methuselah-ga
List Price: $10.00
Posted: 28 Jun 2004 07:53 PDT
Expires: 28 Jul 2004 07:53 PDT
Question ID: 367254
I understand it is possible to obtain a signed certificate from the
President of the U.S. and the representing Senator in celebration of a
couples 50th wedding anniversary.  Where does one obtain such a thing?

Thanks for your help.
Subject: Re: 50th Wedding Anniversary Gift?
Answered By: bobbie7-ga on 28 Jun 2004 08:39 PDT
You can get the President of the United States to send you an
anniversary greeting, provided the couple have been married 50 years
or more by writing to the White House Greetings Office.

The White House Greetings Office 




The White House
Attn: Greetings Office
Washington, D.C. 20502-0039 

White House Web Mail

Please review these guidelines carefully before sending your request
to the White House.

"U.S. CITIZENS ONLY. The White House will send greetings to United
States citizens only, for special occasions as outlined below.

ADVANCE NOTICE REQUIRED. Your request must be received six (6) weeks
in advance of the event date. We make every effort to honor every
request, but we cannot guarantee a greeting if this guideline is not
met. (Greetings are generally not sent after the event date, except
for wedding congratulations and newborn acknowledgments.)

ANNIVERSARY GREETINGS. Anniversary greetings are extended only to
those couples who are celebrating their 50th (and subsequent) wedding

BIRTHDAY GREETINGS. Birthday greetings will be sent only to
individuals 80 years of age and above.

OTHER GREETINGS. A limited number of special occasions other than
birthdays and anniversaries exist for which the Greetings Office will
send appropriate recognition to United States citizens.

These occasions include important events such as:
Wedding (send your request after the event) 
Baby's Birth (must be born during the George W. Bush Administration;
send request only after baby's birth)
Eagle Scout Award 
Girl Scout Gold Award 
Bar/Bat Mitzvah or equivalent occasion 

REQUIRED INFORMATION. Please include the following in your request:

name and home address of honoree(s) 
form of address (Mr., Ms., Mrs., Dr., Miss, etc.) 
exact date of occasion (month, day, year) 
age (birthdays) or number of years of marriage 
your (the requestor's) name and daytime phone number 
Wedding (Include couple's married names and current or new address) 
Baby's Birth (Include baby's date of birth and full names and address
of baby and parents)

WHEN TO EXPECT YOUR GREETING. In most cases, greetings will be mailed
from the White House approximately ten (10) days prior to the event. ?

White House Greetings

Search criteria:
Presidential Certificates anniversaries
White House greetings

I hope you find this helpful! 

Best regards,
There are no comments at this time.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy