Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Contact address for ( Answered 5 out of 5 stars,   1 Comment )
Subject: Contact address for
Category: Science > Biology
Asked by: wizzz-ga
List Price: $10.00
Posted: 30 Jun 2004 04:28 PDT
Expires: 30 Jul 2004 04:28 PDT
Question ID: 368063
Got this e-mail from my uncle and would like to help him if I can. Thank You!

I was watching channel 4 yesterday morning (between 9:15AM and 9:21AM
on 06/28/04)when I saw an interview of a Dr.Marmorow who had seated
next to him a man who had been diagnosed withAlzheimer's disease ten
years ago. They showed a tape made when he was in an advanced stage of
the disease and there he was on TV looking perfectly normal.
It appears that he was misdiagnosed and this doctor found that he has what he
called NPH.  He was treated with an implant in his brain and then they
showed the MRIs of before and after the treatment. 

Question: Can you help me get in touch with Dr. Marmorow using the
internet? Please help me. zio Elio
Subject: Re: Contact address for
Answered By: leli-ga on 30 Jun 2004 05:04 PDT
Rated:5 out of 5 stars
Dr. Marmarou is Director of Research for the Division of Neurosurgery
at Virginia Commonwealth University's Medical College of Virginia

If you click on his name on this webpage, you will find out more about him:

Clicking on "contact us" on the left-hand side of the page, will take
you to an email form and other contact details.

"If you would like more information, or to schedule an appointment, please contact:
Ms Adell Sargent, Division of Neurosurgery, Box 980631, Richmond,
Virginia 23298-063 Tel: (804) 828-9165 or Virginia Godsey Tel: (804)

As well as all the information available by clicking the links on that
page, you may also find these other webpages of interest:

"If detected at at an early stage, NPH can be treated surgically by
placing a shunt or valve into the ventricle and draining the excess
cerebrospinal fluid into the peritoneal cavity or belly where it will
be absorbed. With the FDA approval of the adjustable shunt,
neurosurgeons at VCU can adjust the pressure used to drain the excess
fluid externally; thus, eliminating the need for multiple operations.
Drs. Young and Marmarou are seeing amazing results with this diagnosis
and treatment method. Many patients assumed to be senile are now
leading healthy, productive, independent lives."

Here's an article about "a study now underway by the Medical College
of Virginia aiming to determine just how many nursing home patients
diagnosed with Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, or other forms of dementia
are actually suffering from treatable and reversible NPH" involving
Dr. Marmarou and his colleague Dr. Harold Young

I hope this will be helfpul to your uncle, but please let me know if I
can clarify anything.

Best Wishes to both of you - Leli

successful searches:

Alzheimer's doctor OR dr nph
doctor OR dr Marmarou
wizzz-ga rated this answer:5 out of 5 stars and gave an additional tip of: $5.00
God Bless You! Paul

Subject: Re: Contact address for
From: leli-ga on 01 Jul 2004 09:59 PDT
Thank-you very much, Paul, for the kind words, nice tip and five stars.

All best wishes - Leli

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy