Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Damaged CD Recovery ( Answered,   1 Comment )
Subject: Damaged CD Recovery
Category: Computers > Software
Asked by: sidesway-ga
List Price: $8.00
Posted: 20 Aug 2004 07:53 PDT
Expires: 19 Sep 2004 07:53 PDT
Question ID: 390340
Never ever use a ball-point pen to label a CD.  I learned the hard
way, damaging a CD so that I can't read a Quicktime and AVI file I
wrote to it at a video editing station and didn't back up anywhere
else.  Does anyone know of a utility (preferably free, or if not,
highly recommended) that could possibly save as much of my movies as
possible?  Otherwise I have days of video editing to redo.  THANKS!

Clarification of Question by sidesway-ga on 20 Aug 2004 07:53 PDT
P.S. I have Windows XP Home Edition.
Subject: Re: Damaged CD Recovery
Answered By: feilong-ga on 20 Aug 2004 11:43 PDT
Hi Sidesway,

I've been using a program that does the trick and I'm sure you'll love
it too. It's a free, stand-alone program that is very easy to use. By
it's name alone, you know this program means business:

Author:  Roadkil
Date:    2004-07-23 
License: Freeware
Price: 	 FREE 
OS: 	 Windows All
Size: 	 45 KB

This program is great for recovering files from scratched CD's or
defective floppy/hard disks.
Drive Utilities - Unstoppable Copier 1.8

You may also get this and other back-up and recovery programs through this link: - Unstoppable Copier 1.8

I've used used this several times in the past and successfully copied
physically damaged CDs that are impossible to copy under ordinary

Search strategy:

Personal knowledge.

For other related sites regarding this software you may click on these links:

"unstoppable copier" rating

"unstoppable copier" download

I hope this helps you. If you have a question, please feel free to
post your clarification before rating this and I'll attend to you as
soon as possible. Thanks for asking.

Best regards,
Subject: Re: Damaged CD Recovery
From: starblock-ga on 18 Dec 2004 22:10 PST
A shareware named "BadCopy" may help in most CD recovery cases.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy