Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Where can I buy thermochromic dyes? ( No Answer,   1 Comment )
Subject: Where can I buy thermochromic dyes?
Category: Sports and Recreation > Hobbies and Crafts
Asked by: gori11a-ga
List Price: $5.00
Posted: 11 Oct 2004 16:54 PDT
Expires: 10 Nov 2004 15:54 PST
Question ID: 413426
In the 1990s, Generra sportswear sold a brand of clothing under the
name Hypercolor.  The clothes made with a heat sensitive dye which
changed colors in reaction to body heat.  The two most common were a
blue/pink and green/yellow.  The dyes were made by Matsui Shikiso
Chemical of Japan.  The dyes may have been a micrencapsulated leuco
dye.  I'd like to know where in the United States I can buy small
quantites of these or similar heat sensitive color changing dyes for
personal use; I want to dye clothing with them.
There is no answer at this time.

Subject: Re: Where can I buy thermochromic dyes?
From: tashina-ga on 01 Dec 2004 16:50 PST
Color Change Corporation in Addison, IL, makes these dyes.

Give them a call and they may be able to help.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy