Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: My sister's naturalization records ( No Answer,   1 Comment )
Subject: My sister's naturalization records
Category: Family and Home > Relationships
Asked by: missusfella-ga
List Price: $2.00
Posted: 29 Dec 2004 14:29 PST
Expires: 28 Jan 2005 14:29 PST
Question ID: 448909
I need to find my sister's naturalization records. Can you help?

Request for Question Clarification by omnivorous-ga on 30 Dec 2004 06:02 PST
Missusfella --

The Immigration Service in the U.S. allows it -- but only if a person
is deceased. You may wish to contact them to see if there are
exceptions for cases like medical emergencies, as one example.

You can find what you're seeking by requesting a copy of the "Petition for
Naturalization" and "Certificate of Naturalization" from the
Immigration and Naturalization Service using a 'Freedom of Information
Act' (FOIA) request.  This process takes 4-6 months and undoubtedly
will be expedited if you provided a stamped return envelope.  Note too
that the form is actually linked at the foot of the following web
U.S. Department of Justice 
"FOIA Request Form"  
Best regards,

There is no answer at this time.

Subject: Re: My sister's naturalization records
From: probonopublico-ga on 29 Dec 2004 22:13 PST
Some details are required: 

Where does she live now (roughly);

When and where was she born?

When was she naturalized & what was her acquired nationality? 

What happened to her papers; her parents?

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy