Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: White House Tours ( Answered,   1 Comment )
Subject: White House Tours
Category: Miscellaneous
Asked by: evileva-ga
List Price: $2.00
Posted: 25 Jul 2002 17:54 PDT
Expires: 24 Aug 2002 17:54 PDT
Question ID: 45230
It appears to be difficult to get White House Tours Tickets at this
time.  Can a military officer get tickets to tour the White House and
if so can it be done in a timely manner
Subject: Re: White House Tours
Answered By: rmn-ga on 25 Jul 2002 19:20 PDT
Hello evileva-ga,

Unfortunately due to the tragic events of September 11th, no one,
including military personnel, are being admitted as individuals for
tours of the White House.  However, organized military and veterans
groups are being admitted at this time.

"Tours of the White House are currently available to school and youth
groups grades one through 12 and organized military and veteran
"Visiting the White House,"

If you would like to find out if a particular military group you are
involved in is eligible for a tour, you may contact the 24-hour White
House Visitor Line at 1-202-456-7041, or you may contact your state's
senator or representative in Congress.  If you belong to such a group,
tickets are available through your congressman or representative.  You
may obtain their contact information at the following links:

"U.S. Senate: Senators by State"

"Member Information - Office of the Clerk"

I hope this information is of assistance to you,

Subject: Re: White House Tours
From: pinkfreud-ga on 25 Jul 2002 18:46 PDT
I cannot answer the question about whether a military officer can get
tickets for the White House tour, but it used to be possible to obtain
tickets with the assistance of one's representative in Congress. At
any rate, he/she may be willing to pull strings in various ways to
make a constituent's visit to Washington DC more pleasant.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy