Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: legal name change ( No Answer,   1 Comment )
Subject: legal name change
Category: Family and Home > Parenting
Asked by: theapplebaums-ga
List Price: $2.00
Posted: 07 Feb 2005 19:26 PST
Expires: 09 Mar 2005 19:26 PST
Question ID: 470761
how do I legally change my son's first name

Request for Question Clarification by czh-ga on 07 Feb 2005 19:33 PST
Where do you live? Where is your son's legal residence?
There is no answer at this time.

Subject: Re: legal name change
From: sunnyrae9-ga on 26 Feb 2005 04:29 PST
I changed my own name when I was in my 20's.  I went to the local
courthouse and they gave me a form for me to complete along with two
forms that had to be filled out by people who knew me, notarized. 
Then I took back the paperwork to the courthouse and they posted the
request to change my name for 30 days publicly.  If no one disputed
the change within the 30 days, my name became legally changed.  The
whole process cost me about $34.00.  It may be more expensive
depending where you live.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy