Hi! Thanks for the question.
Here are some benefits children get when they grow up with pets.
- ??Pet ownership was significantly associated with better school
attendance rates. This was apparent across all classes, but was most
pronounced in the lower school (classes 1-3, age groups 5-8). Here,
the pet owners benefited from up to 18 extra half days schooling per
annum than their non pet owning counterparts.??
- ?Results of this study showed that IgA levels amongst pet owners
were significantly less variable from the normal range. In other
words, their immune function was more stable, and indicates that these
children were better able to fend off illness.?
?New research says pet-owning children spend significantly more time at school.?
- ?Regardless of age and developmental level, however, most children
view their pets as special friends and important members of their
family. Sandra Triebenbacher from East Carolina University reports
that most children talk to their pets. In addition, most children feel
that mutual "love" is conveyed verbally and nonverbally between them
and their pets.?
?Recent Studies on How the Presence of Pets Affects People During Life Transitions?
- ?Studies have linked family ownership of a pet with high self-esteem
in young children and greater cognitive development. In addition,
children with pets at home score significantly higher on empathy and
pro-social scales than non-pet owners.?
?Dog and Cat Owners Gain Health Benefits?
- ?Children who suffer from autism have more prosocial behaviors if they own a pet?
- ?Children owning pets are more likely to be involved in sports,
hobbies, clubs or even chores?
?CAN PETS HELP OUR HEALTH!?
- ?In a German study, 90% of parents thought that their dog played an
educative role with their young children, and improved the child's
quality of life. The study also found that 80% of the children
interviewed considered their dog to be primarily their friend and
?Pets to keep you healthy?
- ?A five year study of 600 children aged 3-18 years revealed that pet
owning children who are slow learners or whose parents have divorced
cope better with life than those who don?t have a pet. ?
?Are there any human health benefits in owning a pet??
- ?A US study of 394 university students revealed that those who had
owned dogs or cats as childhood pets were more self-confident than
those who did not.?
- ?A study of 455 school children between the ages of 11 and 16
revealed that children with pets had a better ability to understand
?PETS ARE GOOD FOR KIDS?
Search terms used:
Benefits children with pets studies
I hope these links would help you in your research. Before rating this
answer, please ask for a clarification if you have a question or if
you would need further information.
Thanks for visiting us.
Google Answers Researcher