Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: marriage certificate question ( No Answer,   1 Comment )
Subject: marriage certificate question
Category: Family and Home > Relationships
Asked by: swanlake-ga
List Price: $10.00
Posted: 12 Feb 2005 16:14 PST
Expires: 14 Mar 2005 16:14 PST
Question ID: 473526
in regards to my marriage first name is spelled
incorrectly on my marriage certificate-looking at the name it says the
same name with either spelling but on the certificate its spelled with
a "y" instead of an "e" - the legal spelling is with an "e" but i've
been spelling it on my own forever with a "y" - does this affect the
validity of my marriage license ????    thank you

Request for Question Clarification by cynthia-ga on 12 Feb 2005 17:58 PST
In the US? What state?

Clarification of Question by swanlake-ga on 24 Feb 2005 23:01 PST
hi cinthia    to clarify your question    yes the marriage certificate
is in the US & its california
There is no answer at this time.

Subject: Re: marriage certificate question
From: patientkind310-ga on 18 Feb 2005 20:27 PST
Find out how you can update your name in a marriage certificate. 
There are witnesses to varify the marriage, so I'm sure that there is
a standard protocol to handle things like this.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy