Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Lost family member ( No Answer,   5 Comments )
Subject: Lost family member
Category: Family and Home > Families
Asked by: dee93-ga
List Price: $10.00
Posted: 21 Feb 2005 13:29 PST
Expires: 23 Mar 2005 13:29 PST
Question ID: 478278
George (R) Heise b/May 1899 in Ontario, Canada--------left Canada for
USA-----never heard from again.
Am looking for any infomation re George Heise.
Am doing family genealogy
There is no answer at this time.

Subject: Re: Lost family member
From: david1977-ga on 21 Feb 2005 21:50 PST
Seems like you are not having to much luck Deanna, caught your post on
another board. You may be in luck it seems that the Census for 1930
has been realesed and if your family member was living in the Usa at
such times he may be included. Worth a shot anyways.

#028936-74 (York Co) HEISE, Ella Irene Victoria, f, b. 19 Mar.1874,
father - George HEISE, farmer; mother - Amelia HAACKE, infm - George
Heise, Markham Twp.

Im not to sure about this one.


123 million people  
2,668 reels of microfilm  
1,591 reels of soundex 

32 questions including 4 that were new (marked with an asterisk) for
the 1930 census:

Street, avenue, road, etc. 
House number 
Number of dwelling house in order of visitation 
Number of family in order of visitation 
Relationship of this person to the head of the family 
Home owned or rented 
Value of home, if owned, or monthly rental, if rented* 
Radio set* 
Does this family own a farm? 
Color or race 
Age at last birthday 
Marital condition 
Age at first marriage* 
Attended school or college any time since Sept. 1, 1929 
Whether able to read or write 
Place of birth__person 
Place of birth__father 
Place of birth__mother 
Language spoken in home before coming to the United States 
Year of immigration into the United States 
Whether able to speak English 
Trade, profession, or particular kind of work done 
Occupation industry or business 
Class of worker 

You can also rent the 1930 census from the National Archives Microfilm
Rental Program, P.O. Box 30, Annapolis Junction, Maryland 20701-0030.
Telephone: 301-604-3699. Have the state, microfilm publication number,
and roll number available when you call.

You can buy copies of the microfilm by calling the Archives II
Customer Services Center at 1-800-234-8861. The price is $34.00 for
U.S. orders. Have the state, microfilm publication number, and roll
number available when you call.
Subject: Re: Lost family member
From: dee93-ga on 22 Feb 2005 15:19 PST
Thanks David for your help. I have tried the census records and can't
get anywhere since I don't know where Geroge Heise lived--what state,
town, etc Their are many George Heise listed on several sites, but
they where born in USA not Canada. Several families of Heise's
immigrated to Canada and lived in the Markham area-Toronto---these are
not my family. My George is 1st generation of Heise born Alice
Twp--near Pembroke Ontario. Don't know anything about George except he
lived somewhere USA and probably died there.
Thanks again
Subject: Re: Lost family member
From: cribbswh7777-ga on 09 Mar 2005 03:34 PST
There are many genealogy tools out there that can provide a lot of
information in a very short amount of time.   I recommend because upon submitting
a surname, you can access many of the "hidden" internet databases that
exist to see what returns you get.  There will be obituary archives,
free vital records databases, paid databases, birth records, death
records, county records, census records, etc.
There is also a library of files that have early and recent data
arranged by state and county.
Hope this helps in your effort.
Subject: Re: Lost family member
From: nothingontv-ga on 22 Aug 2005 03:21 PDT
The August 13, 1931 issue of the Waukesha Freeman (Waukesha Wisconsin)
newspaper has an article that mentions a 31 year old George Heise but
unfortunately there was no other genealogical information listed in
the article.  Based on the content of the article there was probably a
court case involved as this George Heise was a suspect in a robbery. 
Perhaps there are court records that could provide you more
Subject: Re: Lost family member
From: myoarin-ga on 22 Aug 2005 09:14 PDT
Hmm?  I hope that is not your relative, but the name and age are a
pretty close match.  Could there have been some similar incident that
led to his going to the States?  (Don't answer.)
This is the site from US Soc.Security giving names of deceased SS card holders.

It listed only 15 George Heise, none born in 1899, and none with
middle initial ?R?.  If GH went to the States before SS was
established in the 1930s, he might not have ever registered.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy