Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Need tax help. ( Answered 4 out of 5 stars,   3 Comments )
Subject: Need tax help.
Category: Business and Money > Employment
Asked by: mikedo-ga
List Price: $20.00
Posted: 01 Aug 2002 12:29 PDT
Expires: 31 Aug 2002 12:29 PDT
Question ID: 48156
A previous employer of mine has failed to provide me with the federal
identification number of there company.  This is a 9 digit(I believe)
If it can be found please send it to me on e-mail.  The company is
Innovative Merchant Services, 8893 La Mesa Blvd. Suite B. La Mesa, CA
91941 OR ATM Outsources 1200 South broadway, Wichita, Ks. 67211.
Subject: Re: Need tax help.
Answered By: silviares-ga on 01 Aug 2002 23:10 PDT
Rated:4 out of 5 stars
Hello mikedo-ga 

I have searched the web and could not find the specific number. There
are a number of databases with those numbers but they are only
available if you use a service and pay a fee.
So if you do not want to call your ex-employer directly you can use
one of these services. Here are some alternatives:

- Federal Employer Identification Number database on LEXIS and KNOWX

- If you don't find it you can also check the Bankruptcy library and
the UCC
filings on LEXIS being that FEIN numbers are included there.

Another site you can use is

Do not bother checking (this is free but I
have already checked and neither of the company names you provided is
in there)

Sorry for not being able to help you better but this is the most I can
do short of calling the company in your behalf.

I searched for "Federal Employer Identification Number"

Good luck

Request for Answer Clarification by mikedo-ga on 02 Aug 2002 08:24 PDT
I may be clueless on how to use those links.  If you did want to call
"as an accountant or CPA" I would not mind.(discreetly of course.) 
The number is 316-269-4466 or for the parent company it is
1-888-266-1544. Thanks again...please help.  I would pay more if

Request for Answer Clarification by mikedo-ga on 02 Aug 2002 10:24 PDT
I have a new lead.  This is sensitive so i can not disclose all
details.  New company name is ATM OUTSOURCES in Oklahoma city, OK  new
phone is 1-800-232-9024.

Clarification of Answer by silviares-ga on 02 Aug 2002 15:46 PDT

If you do not know how to use the links you could call 
Global Resources And Data Inc.
2739 Hawk Trace
Marietta, GA 30066-1534
770-516-0464 - Phone
770-645-9090 - Fax

They claim to be able to determine a company's Federal Identification
Number (Federal Tax ID #), and verification of company name and
address information.
The service is available for all States and you need to provide the
Business Name and Address. The turnaround Time is 24 Business Hours
and there is a fee involved but I doubt it will be very much.

I really would like to help you but feel very uncomfortable calling
your ex employer directly given the little details you provided.

I suggest you to try this road first 

mikedo-ga rated this answer:4 out of 5 stars
Thanks for the quick help!!

Subject: Re: Need tax help.
From: secret901-ga on 01 Aug 2002 13:01 PDT
Is there a reason why you can not call them by telephone and request
this information?
Subject: Re: Need tax help.
From: mikedo-ga on 01 Aug 2002 18:44 PDT
yes, can we say...lack of communication.
Subject: Re: Need tax help.
From: 4keith-ga on 02 Aug 2002 08:45 PDT

Please explain why you need these numbers.  If it is in regard to some
situation where the IRS or state tax agency is trying to get you to
pay taxes on prior wages, then you may need to contact them to request
that they look up these identification numbers in their databases
(they DO have access to that information).  Your question implies that
you no longer work for these companies, but you neglected to mention
approximately what years you did work for them.  If they are companies
that are no longer in business now, then that will make your task a
little bit more difficult to try and come up with the numbers now.  I
can't verify current addresses for Innovative Merchant or ATM
Outsources, but it looks as if ATM Outsources has a headquarters or
parent company in Texas.


Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy