Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: medical ( No Answer,   3 Comments )
Subject: medical
Category: Health > Children
Asked by: teteanne-ga
List Price: $10.00
Posted: 01 Mar 2005 02:50 PST
Expires: 31 Mar 2005 02:50 PST
Question ID: 482779
My granddaughter (5 months old)has developed a flat head because she
has been laying on her back since birth. Her pediatrician seems a bit
concerned but wants to wait a little longer to see if "something"
should be done to help correct it. I think something should be done
now as I do not seeing the problem correcting itself. She does not
like to lay on her tummy for more than a minute or two.Therefore, I
would like some information regarding what kind of a doctor or
therapist should we try to find and if there are any where we live in
Fresno, California which is in the Central part of the State. If no
one specializes in this area of expertise and we had to go out of town
San Francisco would be easier for us to get to rather than L. A. 
Thank you.
There is no answer at this time.

Subject: Re: medical
From: am777-ga on 01 Mar 2005 14:04 PST
Some general information..
The treatment of plagiocephaly depends upon the etiology (cause) of the condition:

Depending upon severity, plagiocephaly resulting from
external/positional deformation can be treated with repositioning,
neck exercises and/or head banding. Parents should consult a
pediatrician, a pediatric neurosurgeon or a craniofacial surgeon for
information on repositioning, neck exercises, and/or for referral and
a prescription for head banding.

I would recommend visiting a childrens hospital with her if you choose
to see a specialist. I couldnt find one in Fresno, but there are is
one in San Francisco.

Good luck with your granddaughter teteanne!!!!

Subject: Re: medical
From: am777-ga on 01 Mar 2005 14:05 PST
read "is one in San Francisco"
Subject: Re: medical
From: teteanne-ga on 22 Mar 2005 13:02 PST
thank you for "comments" they have been very helpful and informative

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy