Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Elders and bank policies at odds -- what to do? ( No Answer,   0 Comments )
Subject: Elders and bank policies at odds -- what to do?
Category: Family and Home > Seniors
Asked by: scotttygett-ga
List Price: $15.00
Posted: 27 Mar 2005 02:26 PST
Expires: 26 Apr 2005 03:26 PDT
Question ID: 500970
How is the rest of the world handling this problem?

My mom is unable to manage her finances these days, though I hope
she'll soon recover. In the meantime, I'm thinking of moving some of
her money partly because of the bank's policies and partly for another
reason, but here's the pickle -- I've learned that all banks want you
to fill out THEIR power of attorney form, which she can't.

I have to admit that I had a devil of a time with some IRS forms (RMD
panic) before this, and now, I just want to transfer all of her assets
to my name and call it an ersatz conservatorship. I would do the
"real" conservatorship, but the cheapest I've found is $2,000.

You don't have to get into Medicaid issues -- I don't like the idea of
Medicaid hospitals and shared rooms. I guess I'm asking if there is a
special tax form for this or ersatz conservatorship?
There is no answer at this time.

There are no comments at this time.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy