Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: tax code ( Answered,   0 Comments )
Subject: tax code
Category: Business and Money > Accounting
Asked by: fizzleclizze-ga
List Price: $10.00
Posted: 30 Mar 2005 08:44 PST
Expires: 29 Apr 2005 09:44 PDT
Question ID: 502687
out of the following information what part of this is the code
section?  i must be able to identify the code secton that makes a
municipal bond tax exempt and this is what i found:  SEC. 103.
INTEREST ON STATE AND LOCAL BONDS.  --History notes applicable to
entire section.

l 1986, Tax Reform Act of 1986 (P.L. 99-514)

P.L. 99-514, 1301(a):
Amended Code Sec. 103. Effective for bonds issued after 8-15-86. See,
however, the special rules provided in Act Secs. 1312-1317, below.
Prior to amendment, Code Sec. 103 read as follows:


[Sec. 103(a)]

(a) GENERAL RULE. --Gross income does not include interest on --

(1) the obligations of a State, a Territory, or a possession of the
United States, or any political subdivision of any of the foregoing,
or of the District of Columbia; and

(2) qualified scholarship funding bonds.
Subject: Re: tax code
Answered By: taxmama-ga on 04 Apr 2005 07:30 PDT
Well done, Fizzled,

The answer is Internal Revenue Code Section 103(a)
or IRC 103(a)  or Sec. 103(a) or IRC 103(a) or 103(a) 
depending on how your instructor wants the citation. 
All are correct.

And just for the fun of it...more notes on Sec. 103,,id=134366,00.html

Best wishes,

Your TaxMama-ga
There are no comments at this time.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy