Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: 2nd medical opinion ( Answered,   0 Comments )
Subject: 2nd medical opinion
Category: Health > Medicine
Asked by: lewezz-ga
List Price: $40.00
Posted: 05 Apr 2005 02:45 PDT
Expires: 05 May 2005 02:45 PDT
Question ID: 505118
Had foot surgery recently. Would like a 2nd opinion on the results.
How do I find the best othopedic surgeon in the Hartford area willing
to give an honest 2nd opinion?  Would travel to Boston if necessary.

Request for Question Clarification by welte-ga on 05 Apr 2005 06:46 PDT
Dear lewezz-ga,

What type of foot surgery did you have?  Orthopedic surgeons have
different subspecialties, and this information may be helpful.


Clarification of Question by lewezz-ga on 07 Apr 2005 15:12 PDT
bunion surgery done on Dec. 16th.  still not back to work
Subject: Re: 2nd medical opinion
Answered By: welte-ga on 07 Apr 2005 18:44 PDT
Dear Lewezz-ga,

Thanks for the clarification.  Fortunately, you are in a good location
for find an orthopedic surgeon who might give you a second opinion on
your previous bunion surgery.

Hartford Orthopedic Surgeons, located at 1000  Asylum Ave, Ste. 2108
in Hartford, CT, can be found at the following website:

This website includes contact information, including phone and e-mail.
 They also have satellite offices in South Windsor, Enfield, and Avon,
CT, if these would be more convenient.

Here is a link to a list of the physicians at Hartford Orthopedics,
which includes their individual CV's (a list of their academic


Another good option in the Harford area is Saint Francis Care at 114
Woodland Street (860-714-4000).  Physicians there who may be of help
include the following:

Dr. Robert Green

Dr. David Kruger

Dr. John O'Brien

Dr. Anthony Spinella

Several of these physicians are also affiliated with the Hartford
Orthopedics practice mentioned above.


Yet another option, if you're looking for a different perspective,
might be to seek consultation with a foot specialist (podiatrist). 
The UConn Foot Center may be a good resource to get a different
opinion on your situation.

You can find their main site here:
This site includes links to directions to UConn's podietry offices in
Simsbury and West Hartford.

Here are links to the two UConn podiatrists:
Dr. Douglas Albreski, who practices in West Hartford, Farmington, and  Simsbury.

Dr. Samuel Berkowitz, who practices in West Hartford & Farmington.

If you're more interested in an orthopedic surgeon at UConn, the best
choice would likely be Dr. Michael Aronow, who is an orthopedic who
specializes in foot and ankle surgery.  He may be the best choice of
all of the above individuals.
Here is a link to his webpage:


The links above include contact information for each individual.  This
is not a comprehensive list of orthopedic surgeons in the Hartford
area, but rather a list that I have selected from the large number of
surgeons, eliminating those who specialize primarily in sports
medicine, joint disorders, etc., which would not be particularly
relevant to your problem.

Also of potential interest, here is the eMedicine page on bunions:

I hope this information is helpful.  I wish you good luck with your
problem.  Please feel free to ask for any clarification.


There are no comments at this time.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy