Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Immigrating to Canada from the UK ( No Answer,   1 Comment )
Subject: Immigrating to Canada from the UK
Category: Family and Home > Relationships
Asked by: fairlady-ga
List Price: $5.00
Posted: 11 Apr 2005 01:35 PDT
Expires: 11 May 2005 01:35 PDT
Question ID: 507747
I am a 37 year old lady, self employed born in the UK.  I am married
though seperated from my husband.  I wish to immigrate to Canada to be
with someone I have developed a relationship with.  I have been to
Canada to visit with him and will be going again within the next month
[May 2005].  I have 3 children ages between 11 and 4. I also have my
own business [sole trader].  Please advice on the best route for
myself and the children to go about immigrating to Canada.
There is no answer at this time.

Subject: Re: Immigrating to Canada from the UK
From: mongolia-ga on 11 Apr 2005 06:13 PDT

The surest route would be for you to ultimately marry your partner in Canada.
(I am assuming he is a Canadian citizen or a Landed Immigrant). 
The other possible avenue is for you to set up your own business in
Canada. The Canadian goverment has had programs in the past to
encourage people
to start business's on Canada (these may be contingent on employing a
small number of Canadian employees)

I would suggest you do three things:
1. Ask for a meeting with someone in the Canadian High Commission.
2. Fill out the standard immigration form for Canada. (You have
nothing to lose by been doing this as soon as possible)
3. Talk to an Canadian Immigration lawyer to get some basic advice.
   (You should  not need the services of a lawyer to actually
immigrate. However I strongly believe that 1 to 2 hours advice from
someone who knows the system will possibly save you a lot of time)

Regards and Good Luck 

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy