Thank you for your question. Here is a detailed listing of the
requirements for the position of Postal Inspector:
* A conferred, 4-year degree from an accredited college or
university. Vision of 20/100 in each eye without glasses (Snellen),
corrected to at least 20/30 in one eye and 20/40 in the other eye; and
good color perception. Individuals who have undergone radial
keratotomy (RK) are considered unsuitable for employment.
* Ability to hear at ordinary conversation levels from 15 feet,
without a hearing aid.
* In good physical condition (weight proportional to height) and
* No felony convictions, or misdemeanor convictions of domestic
* A valid state drivers license for at least two years.
* Ability to demonstrate the following attributes, as measured by
the Assessment Center:
* Write and speak English clearly.
* Schedule and complete activities in a logical, timely sequence.
* Comprehend and execute instructions written and spoken in
* Think clearly and comprehend verbal and non-verbal information.
* Interact with others to obtain or exchange information or
* Perceive or identify relevant details and associate them with
Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug
screening to meet the U. S. Postal Services requirement to be drug
free, as well as a background investigation, polygraph examination,
and Assessment Center evaluation. Applicants must also be a U. S.
citizen between 21 and 36 years of age. Must be willing to relocate
More Special Requirements are available at the source for the above
An application form as well as a guide book to Postal Inspector
recruitment at the United States Postal Service is here:
Google Search Strategy:
"postal inspector" position application OR interview
I hope this helps!