Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Lien fon auto for money borrowed ( Answered,   0 Comments )
Subject: Lien fon auto for money borrowed
Category: Business and Money
Asked by: carwash2-ga
List Price: $5.00
Posted: 10 May 2005 07:39 PDT
Expires: 09 Jun 2005 07:39 PDT
Question ID: 519962
If I want to put a lien on my auto in Massachusetts for money I have
borrowed. How would I do it? Do you fill out hte back of the
registration a showing lien holder and file for new regidtration?
Subject: Re: Lien fon auto for money borrowed
Answered By: markj-ga on 10 May 2005 08:39 PDT
carwash2 --

I believe that all you need to know is contained on the following
linked Web page of the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vebicles

Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles: Adding a Lienholder to a Title

As you will see, the process is very simple.  You can download a Title
Amendment Form on the website.  You then simply fill in the
information on the new lien and mail it to the MRMV, along with a  $25
check and the original title.

Search Strategy:

Knowing the Massuchusetts must have a state agency dedicated to motor
vehicle matters, I found it with the following Google search:

massachusetts "motor vehicle"

Here is a link to the home page of the MRMV:

Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles

I then used the site's search tool by entering "lien" in the search
box at the upper right of the page.  That led me to this page:

MRMV: Titles

I then followed the "Adding a Lienholder" link to find the page I gave
you in my answer.

I am happy to be able to provide you with a prompt answer.  If
anything is unclear, please ask for clarification before rating the

There are no comments at this time.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy