Tennessee doesn't have any statutes governing step-siblings getting
married. If they did, they have been repealed. The reason for this is,
they (you) are not related by blood.
Here's a page showing the Tennessee Code that covers this:
Tennessee Code Annotated ?36-3-101. Prohibited degrees of relationship? states:
CAN A MARRIAGE LICENSE BE ISSUED TO RELATIVES?
..."Marriage cannot be contracted with a lineal ancestor or
descendant, nor the lineal ancestor or descendant of either parent,
nor the child of a grandparent, nor the lineal descendants of husband
or wife, as the case may be, nor the husband or wife of a parent or
Here's a chart Tennessee uses to determine if siblings can marry:
Note, step-siblings are not on the chart.
The County Clerk in your county can be located here:
Call for the hours they are open. This page also details many of the
None of the requirements are difficult, another page:
1) ID Requirement: Valid Driver's License or Certified Birth
Certificate or Valid Passport.
2) Residency Requirement: Do not have to be a resident of Tennessee.
3) If previously married: A copy of Divorce Decree.
4) Application Requirement: Both the bride and groom must appear in
person at the time of applying.
5) Fees: $95 unless you receive 4 hours of marriage counseling. If
your county approves your counselour and your completed session, you
will be given a $60 discount. If your session is not approved by
either the counselor or county, you must pay $95 instead of $35.
6) Waiting Period: No waiting period. 3 Days if either applicant is under 18.
7) Blood Tests: No blood test requirement.
I would like to help you find a Minister, since you asked in your
original Question about details for a private wedding. In order to
Answer that portion, I need the city and county in Tennessee in which
you reside.. Also, are you interested in just getting married at the
courthouse? If so, I can provide those details.
I look forward to your clarification...
Search strategy used at Google, variations of:
marriage tennessee "prohibited rela