You can modify your display settings by starting Windows XP in the Safe Mode.
Instructions for starting your computer in the Safe mode:
- Power up your computer system
- As your computer starts but before Windows launches, press F8.
(On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple
operating systems, you can press F8 when the boot menu appears.)
- If you pressed F8 at the right time, a list of boot options will
appear on the screen. (If Windows launches without showing you these
options, restart your computer and try again.)
- Use the arrow keys to highlight the "Safe Mode" option, and then
press ENTER. ( If the "Safe Mode" option does not work for you, you
can retry using the "Enable VGA Mode" or the "Last Known Good
- Windows XP will now boot into Safe Mode.
- Once Windows has completed booting, you can go to the display
properties panel, and make the changes you require.
- Reboot and let Windows XP load normally.
This will let you change your display settings back to the earlier one
which worked properly on your system.
Hope this helps!
If you need any clarifications, just ask!
Google Search Terms Used:
Windows xp safe mode