"If you are requesting a background check for employment or licensing
within the United States, you may be required by state statute or
federal law to submit your request through your state identification
bureau, requesting federal agency or other authorized channeling
agency. You should contact the agency requiring the background check
or the appropriate state identification bureau (or state police) for
the correct procedures to follow for obtaining an FBI fingerprint
background check for employment or licensing purposes."
"Only the subject of the identification record can request a copy of
his own FBI Identification Record."
You can also do this (taken from the website)
How to Request a Copy of Record
1. Prepare a signed written request for copy of your record.
* If for a couple, family, etc., all persons must sign written request
* Include your complete mailing address
* If you have a deadline (e.g., an immigration deadline), please
include the deadline in your written request and on the outside of the
2. Obtain proof of identity, which consists of a set of your fingerprints
(original card, no copies), with your name, date of birth and place of
birth. Fingerprints should be placed on a standard fingerprint form
(FD-258) commonly used for applicant or law enforcement purposes.
* Include rolled impressions of all ten fingerprints and
impressions of all ten fingerprints taken simultaneously (these are
sometimes referred to as plain or flat impressions.)
* If possible have your fingerprints taken by a fingerprinting
technician (this service may be available at a Law Enforcement
* Previously processed fingerprint cards will not be accepted.
3. Include $18 - U.S. dollars in the form of a money order or certified check
made payable to the Treasury of the United States. Be sure to sign
* No personal checks or cash
* Must be exact amount
* If for a couple, family, etc., include $18 for each person
4. Mail the items #1, #2, #3 (listed above) to the following address:
FBI CJIS Division ? Record Request
1000 Custer Hollow Road
Clarksburg, West Virginia 26306
Please Note: If any of the above items are missing or incomplete, the
request will be returned.
http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm (FBI Identification Request Page)
So, contact the agency who needs the check, ask them where to get it,
and you'll have your question solved. You may have to go directly
through the address above, or through a atate agency depending on
where the place you need it for wants it from.
If this answer requires further explanation, please request
clarification before rating it, and I'll be happy to look into this
Google Answers Researcher