Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Graduate School Loans ( Answered,   0 Comments )
Subject: Graduate School Loans
Category: Reference, Education and News > Education
Asked by: annefu-ga
List Price: $7.00
Posted: 21 Aug 2005 14:22 PDT
Expires: 20 Sep 2005 14:22 PDT
Question ID: 558445
I began graduate school in March, 2005. For my first semester I
charged my tuition on my credit card. For September, 2005, I applied
for financial aid and received subsidized and unsubsidized loans that
will cover my tuition. My question is: is there any way to get
financial aid for the first semester, during which I paid with my
credit card? Thanks.

Request for Question Clarification by czh-ga on 21 Aug 2005 14:35 PDT
What school are you attending and what degree program are you enrolled in?

Clarification of Question by annefu-ga on 21 Aug 2005 15:23 PDT
Saybrook Graduate Institute and Research Center in California. My
degree is in Marriage & Family Therapy.
Subject: Re: Graduate School Loans
Answered By: justaskscott-ga on 21 Aug 2005 23:18 PDT
Hello annefu,

According to Saybrook, "students using Financial Aid to pay for
tuition" for the Spring 2005 semester "must have an approved student
loan by" February 20, 2005.

2003-04 Catalog [page 160]
Saybrook Graduate School ? Research Center

See also:

"Academic Calendar: Spring 2005"
Saybrook Graduate School ? Research Center

"2005-2006 Catalog" [page 2; same due date in 2006 for Spring 2006 semester]
Saybrook Graduate School ? Research Center

I do not see anything in these files or in the material available at
Saybrook's Financial Aid Office
( or
Business Office (
that allows for a financial aid application in the following semester.

However, that doesn't mean that all hope is lost.  I have found that
financial aid offices are good at explaining one's options and finding
the best solution for one's needs.  (I am currently applying for
financial aid at a graduate school, and also applied for financial aid
at a previous graduate school.)  When I ask more questions about
financial aid, I usually get more helpful answers.

Perhaps you won't be able to apply for financial aid for Spring 2005,
but there might still be a way that Saybrook's Financial Aid Office
can assist you.  I believe it's worth a try.  Here's the office's
contact information:

"Financial Aid: Contact Us"
Saybrook Graduate School ? Research Center

- justaskscott

Search strategy --

Searched on Google for combinations of these terms:
"financial aid"
"february 20"

Browsed Saybrook website.
There are no comments at this time.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy