Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Husband in Spain,Wife in Canada, Children in the Philippines ( No Answer,   2 Comments )
Subject: Husband in Spain,Wife in Canada, Children in the Philippines
Category: Family and Home > Families
Asked by: cbr610-ga
List Price: $5.00
Posted: 04 Sep 2005 00:42 PDT
Expires: 04 Oct 2005 00:42 PDT
Question ID: 564107
What's the legal remedy for a betrayed Filipina working in Canada with
2 children still in the Philippines whose unfaithful husband is having
a mistress while working in Spain and about to file for Spanish
There is no answer at this time.

Subject: Re: Husband in Spain,Wife in Canada, Children in the Philippines
From: cynthia-ga on 05 Sep 2005 03:27 PDT
Your question is extremely complex, in fact, one of the most complex
legal questions I have seen here. To get a researcher to lock it,
you'll need to review the pricing guidelines:

How To Price Your Question

At the outset, you'll need a lawyer in the Philippines AND Canada,
assuming you want your children to end up with you.

Good luck to you, I'm a Mother, you must feel horrible.

Subject: Re: Husband in Spain,Wife in Canada, Children in the Philippines
From: myoarin-ga on 05 Sep 2005 07:04 PDT
Yes, this is a very complicated and unfortunate situation.

It is not clear what you would like to have answered:
Presumably your husband is a Filipino and thus eligible for Spanish
citizenship after tw0 years residency in the Spain.  To do this, he
must get a certificate of good conduct from his municipality.  A
Spanish lawyer should - or maybe a divorce expert in Canada could -
know if this can be upset by starting legal action against him  - for
divorce, support, child support.

I don't know, of course, which action you want to take, or which would
be most favorable to your interests.

Here is a website where you can find "pro bono" legal services in
Canada that could be a first help to you. They  - one of them -
probably will not be able to deal with the complications of your
situation, but should be able to suggest what choices of action you
have in Canada.

It is also possible that a sympathic person at the Spanish Embassy or
a Consulate could be of assistance.  COULD be; if the person got the
impression that your husband was an undesirable type person to have as
a Spanish citizen.

It would seem that any suggestions here will all point in the same direction:
you must get legal advice.

I am very sorry to hear about your problem,
Regards, Myoarin

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy