Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Get married on foreigner ( No Answer,   4 Comments )
Subject: Get married on foreigner
Category: Family and Home > Relationships
Asked by: jeffej-ga
List Price: $5.00
Posted: 05 Oct 2005 09:58 PDT
Expires: 05 Dec 2005 09:04 PST
Question ID: 576711
One of online dating sites I found a woman living in Uzbekistan
(former USSR republic)...I want to marry her ? do I have to travel to
Uzbekistan or I can get a marriage certificate on line? And if there
any other ways to bring her here how can I do it?

Request for Question Clarification by politicalguru-ga on 05 Oct 2005 10:21 PDT
Where is "here"? In other words, in which country do you live?
There is no answer at this time.

Subject: Re: Get married on foreigner
From: steph53-ga on 05 Oct 2005 11:41 PDT
I hope you have met her in person. 
Be wary of getting married to a "stranger".

Subject: Re: Get married on foreigner
From: nelson-ga on 05 Oct 2005 14:16 PDT
First, many jurisdictions frown on standing on a foreigner durring the
wedding.  But seriously, you do not want to marry someone you've never
met in person.
Subject: Re: Get married on foreigner
From: frde-ga on 06 Oct 2005 05:58 PDT
Do you anticipate consummating the marriage online ?

More seriously, this is the 'Russian Bride' scam.

Watch out for WUXFER (Western Union Transfer) requests.

Also, you are probably conducting an intimate on-line relationship
with a hairy a*sed male.

Sorry to shatter your illusions - and even sorrier if they are intact.
Subject: Do not send money
From: divinatio-ga on 01 Dec 2005 20:33 PST
hello! u can't get married online. u can bring her here is US and get
married here, if you are us citizen, this is not a problem, u can do
so-called fiancee visa. it has a lot of paperwork to do, but guarantee
in many cases that visa will be issued. but be careful, as guys saying
- do not send money, this trick is popular. take care!

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy