I guess I should thank you for asking this, since it tells me that I
wasn't wasting my time when I made what you want.
I believe I started with the chrome version of what was being sold at
Golda's kitchen. However, it turned out that the best place to mount
this was my fridge. So, I made what you want.
I took two VERY high strength magnets (Neodymium Boron Iron ones) that
were about two inches x a quarter inch x just narrow enough to fit
inside the well on the backside of the knife rack. The magnets I used
had their field aligned so that it was out of the big face. I used
some industrial strength adhesive/potting compound (I think it was the
"Tough as Nails" type in a caulking gun from Home Depot) and filled
the cavity somewhat, then after making sure that I had opposite poles
up for the two magnets, I carefully placed them in the adhesive at
opposite ends of the rack. After letting it set for a day, I added a
second layer of adhesive over the magnets and to fill in the rest of
the cavity, using a piece of scrap wood ( a paint stirrer I think) to
make it flat and flush. Finally, after that cured, I cut a piece of
that foam cabinet liner they sell at various home stores to perfectly
match the outline of the rack and put a touch more of the adhesive
along the bottom of the rack, pressed the liner into place and then
flipped the whole thing to rest for a final day on some plastic wrap I
had laid on the counter top. (Make sure you haven't put too much
adhesive there or it will stick. You are just trying to keep the
liner in place, friction will keep it there once it is in use.) After
it is all cured up, simply carefully place it where you want it.
Just fyi, the reason for the liner is twofold. First, even with the
strong magnets, the first time I tried this it slipped around when
pulling knives off. Second, there were some sharp edges on the end of
the chrome rack that put a small scratch in the paint on the fridge.
You don't want either.
I hope that helps you. If you can find the magnets, it really isn't
much work or anything. I had everything on hand, so in all it took
about two hours including cleanups.